hi, have been on citlopram for 4 weeks now, useless doc ...

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, have been on citlopram for 4 weeks now, useless doc prescribed them for anxiety attacks ( something i had never experienced before). Although i have suffered depression on and off for years now, doc seemed to have the "i dont know what you want me to do" attitude. So i'm not sure if he really knew what he was doing himself. Although they have helped with the anxiety, the side effects are some what troublesome, felt really out of it the first week, then felt ok the second, but for the last 2 weeks i have felt awlful, although i can cope with the side effects (most of the time) i think its cos i feel too spaced out. have experienced felling lethargic, unable to concentrate, irritable, not myself, tired all the time, shaking, feeling of burning in my arms, hot,among other things. Back at the docs next week and will definatly make an appointment with another doc, will see how it goes, sorry for babbling:roll:

[i:4923d48f55]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4923d48f55]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I've also been feeling the same after 4 weeks. I was on 10mg for 3 weeks and have been on 20mg for a week now. I feel worse than before, tired, lost all the motivation that I ever had for anything and am feeling dead within myself. Doctor says I will get better but I don't think I can bear it any long. My anxiexy and panic attacks have stopped and I don't feel rage like I use to but I'm tired and fed up inside and just miss myself. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks and if I still feel this way I am coming off them, the doctor wants to put me up to 40mg but i don't think thats wise when I can't even cope with the 20mg. I hope things work out for you.

[i:f5af67867a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f5af67867a]

• Posted

Hi Sarah, thanks for the reply, its comforting to know that i'm not the only one who feels like this. Well i have been to docs ( saw a different one) and she told me to stick at it, although i should get out more on my own( away from kids and partner) once in a while, i can see the sense in that!! To be honest i felt a little better after seeing her, because she was a little more understanding than the other doc. But since seeing her i have reduced my tablets myself and i now only take half a tablet a day,as the side effects were getting unbearable, still feel a little odd but not as bad as when i was taking a full tablet.will just have to see how it goes. hope your feeling better soon.

[i:d3eb2fa44a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d3eb2fa44a]

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

I spoke to the Doc a couple of days ago and he said I should give it time - at least another 4 weeks. He said he can't force me but thinks I should give it a go before giving up. So, I'm going by his advice for now and am still very tired and lethargic, my motivation is killed off in anything that I do. I'm studying for a degree and can't concentrate. But, I am a lot calmer with the kids as I'm always ranting and raving at them. I hope you are better soon.

Sarah

[i:b96d75c249]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b96d75c249]

• Posted

hi sarah, well so far so good, although i experienced a little anxiety attack this morning, i managed to fall asleep again and it disappeared, things seem a lot clearer now and i don't feel half as bad as i did on 20mg. So will just carry on and see how it goes, hope your feeling better, thanks again for the message, they really help! cheers rachelsmile

[i:dcc641a4d6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:dcc641a4d6]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.