Hi, I am new to here. I get heavy period type bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am new to here. I get heavy period type bleeding sometimes. I have fibroids and I am on different medication. Would anyone be willing to talk about this with me please?

Rachel.

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel, I think many on this forum will respond to you. Sorry to hear you are having symptoms of fibroids. They can cause heavy bleeding. Do you know what type you have ? There are 3 and submucosal ones usually cause heavy periods. You say you are on medication. Is it eysma. That can take some time to work and it's effects are different for everyone. It helped me. Has any other treatment been discussed with you ? Do you have other concerns you want to share with others on here ? Take care. Shell

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Shell. Thanks for yr message. Thank you. I am not sure what type of fibroids I have but I do get heavy bleeding at times. I am on Esyma medication, have been on it a while now and I am also taking tranexamic acid at the moment. My gynacelogist has a plan for me I believe for now, I am finding the situation quite stressful. Rachel.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Rachel, I understand you feel it is stressful. I went through that stage. It will get easier when things calm down and the treatment starts to work. You will learn about it and then look back and reflect on what's happened. For me I found it empowering to learn about fibroids and to gain an understanding of my options. There are always options. You are going through that stage by the sound of it. It does get easier as you cannot stay in the crisis stage. Many women have fibroids and leave them if no symptoms. Dealing with the appointment s can be stressful. It can be good to make notes in advance of what questions you want answers to when see gynaecologist, as time can be short. It is helpful to share your experiences on here with others who have been through it. Good luck x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Shell. Thanks for your message. I am sorry you went through stress. Thanks, I hope so. I have had fibroids before but haven't known a lot about them. I have had heavy bleeding on and off at times for a few years with periods. I have been on pill medication before and other medication. I guess my heavy bleeding is due to the fibroids. I am not due to see the gynaecologist again until January at hospital. I have had a few doctors appointments recently. It does affect me as I feel I am restricted sometimes due to the problem I have with the bleeding. Thanks Rachel x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Rachel. I know what it's like , it can feel restricting. How long have you been on eysma ? In most cases they stop your periods whilst on them. I know it doesn't happen for everyone. Have you had iron levels checked ? As heavy periods can cause low iron and /or anaemia making you tired.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello!  I have fibroids and had very heavy bleeding. I tried birth control pills first and they only worked for a little while. I had uterine fibroid embolization at the end of July. So far my periods have improved. I think you will like this forum.  It is nice to hear from other people with similar symptoms. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Linda. Thanks for your message. I am sorry that you have fibroids and heavy bleeding. I am glad your periods have improved now? Sorry if it sounds like I am prying but can I ask what the embolization is you mentioned? You may not want to say. Rachel.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Uterine fibroid embolization is when they cut off the blood supply to the fibroids.  You are awake for the procedure and it is usually a one night stay in the hospital   You have to see an interventional radiologist and get an MRI for the doctor to see your fibroids  and to determine if you are a candidate.  Before the procedure I was anemic from the amount of blood that I lost during my periods.  I am finished having children so I felt it was the best procedure for me. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey sounds like me! My periods were crazy heavy and lasted like 10 Days 😩I got my surgery back in September and it was the best decision. My periods now only last 3 days and are sooooooo light. I definitely recommend having it done. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up