Hi ,,, I had a rectocele repair done on Tues (2 days ago)..

Posted , 4 users are following.

This was done via my back passage but not been able to get an answer about how long recovery is ? I have managed a BM today but now I feel like my hemarroids are back and I'm in some extra discomfort ... Any advice would be great . Thank you ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

did they go in your vagina at all? 8 weeks seems to b the # i get. i was told today it would rake 8 more weeks to completely heal i had surgery 1 week ago rectocele prolapse but i am in usa. not sure bout your time frame. i still have small hemmeroid too but gettn smaller everyday. good luck. im putting witch hazel on my stitches after going to the toilet it really helps
    • Posted

Thank you for replying .... No they did it completely through back passage ... I am in the uk ... I will get someone to get me some witch hazel ... See if that eases things ... Apparently an anal procedure is quicker to heal so fingers crossed ... Hope you are feeling better soon
    • Posted

look thru some of the old posts of people replying to other questions like yours. there is much information. im not sure why it us so much quicker healing in usa i feel great but realize im not all healed yet. im gonna go at it slow for 2 months
  • Posted

6 to 8 weeks seems to be the key timescale we are given to expect.  However, it will depend on how careful you are and how fit you were before the procedure, too.  What I would suggest is that you keep up with the laxatives.  I was put on lactulose to start with, but it gave me so much gas - which had to pass and didn't want to! - that I moved on to Macrogol, which suits me much better.  I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and have cut the laxatives to one sachet every other day.  Seems to be working (touch wood!).

• Posted

Thank you ... I'm speaking to the GP today... The hemmorhoides are really bad and incredibly painful so I can't really feel what if any pain I have from the actual operation itself. I'm still taking the laxatives but also eating food that helps with that too. Hopefully once I get treatment for that I'll be much better. I'm trying to take things easy but like everyone I guess we are so used to doing things for ourselves it's hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.