Hi, I have been suffering with gallstones for around a y...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been suffering with gallstones for around a year now and I have finally been put on a 6 month waiting list for an op. The pain i have been suffering is awful, i have been given Dihydrocodiene by the doc but it doesn't touch it sometimes. It is not helped by being a single mum with no family around to help out with my energetic 2 year old son!! The Doc says theres nothing stronger he can give me, so basically i just have to suffer!! Can't wait for my op, if any one has any pain relief suggestions, i would be so grateful. Thanks from a worn out Mum.

[i:13a99d7873]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:13a99d7873]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have just been diagnosed as having gallbladder problems after being told at a and e that I had acid in my stomach and given a bottle of gaviscon. The 3rd doctor I saw 2 days later diagnosed it and immediately gave me morphine tablets for the pain. I dont see why you shouldnt get these too? The only thing is you would need to have some help to care for your child while you are on the pain relief it wiped me into a deep sleep and took away the pain.

Hope you get your op soon and get stronger pain relief

Regards

Lynn:D

[i:a07e42e0a1]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a07e42e0a1]

• Posted

HI,

The best thing to do is go on a strict low fat/ no fat diet especially avoid milk, dairy products and fast foods, fizzy drinks. I went onto a strict chicken/fish and semi vegetarian diet up until 2 wks ago when i had a laproscopic choly done. the other thing i did was drink plenty of water, and as for pain when it did occur which was hardly ever when i totally changed my diet as my gall bladder was huge and totally filled with these cursed tiny gravel type stones which doctor said were threatening to come out and cause problems, he said most times the pain was due to infection or inflammation so put me on low grade antibiotics to prevent this up until when i had it removed on 27th feb, another drug i was given was BUSCOPAN this is an antispasm drug and not sure what it is called in the USA, but it worked way better the pain killers, the other trick was i took 2 panadol three times a day to keep things like inflammation under control, i think this is called tylenol in USA.

[i:251608dd70]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:251608dd70]

• Posted

Hi

I too am in quite a bit of pain, my doctor has prescribed Tramadol Hydrochloride. The tablets are 50mg I have been taking 1 each time the pain gets too bad unfortunately I have needed 2 at a time to day and you can take up to 8 a day. It takes up to 10 minutes befor the pain is eased but the it feels like a curtain coming down and the pain is all but gone. Good luck I'm still waiting to see the consultant but I hope the appiontment will come soon.

[i:7d11122276]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:7d11122276]

• Posted

Hi, ive been suffering from gall stones for the past 3 months and the only tablets that work for me are Co-Codimol 30/500.Before taking these I couldnt even bend to tie my shoe laces with out wanting to cry!!!

[i:4f4b103b07]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4f4b103b07]

• Posted

Hi, I am in a lot of pain from gall stones and awaiting an operation to have my gall bladder removed which is going to be at least another 3 months (I have been on the list for 2 months already). I have been complaining for over 2 1/2 years about the pain but never treated seriously, they refused to even acknowledge it may be gall stones because I was too young (I'm 30) and not overweight. I ended up in hospital in May '05 because of the pain and the nurse accused me of overacting. I found out 4 months later they only treated me for gastriotanitus (please excuse spelling) despite the fact I didn't have sickness or diarrea and had a healthy appetite. I rang the NHS helpline last xmas because the pain left me in tears (again)to be told it was the rich xmas food and drink I had been eating, I explained I had had an off tummy and so had eaten only plain foods, no puddings or sweets and I do not drink anyway, they told me I must have done. I know I have gone on but I also work full time and have 3 children and spend easily 4/5 days a week in pain. I have modified my diet but the only food I have found is a definite trigger for the pain is weetabix. I also realise I was let down by the doctors I orignally complained to about the pain and I have since changed doctors, but then I have still received the same negative reaction from hospital staff.

[i:5d69b14ee1]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5d69b14ee1]

• Posted

if i were you i would go to A&E i did even tho i was on the waiting list to have a op to remove my gallbladder and i had my op 3 days later!! go to a& e when ur in pain i know what its like i have 3 kids u really cant do anything when the pain comes !! i had my op in july this year and i can eat everything i got my life bk !!!! dont suffer anymore pls go hosp !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.