Hi I’m looking for some advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I been suffering just lately with panic attacks and anxiety it’s all new to me and scary to I havnt been able to be on my own and for the last few days iv been getting very light headed a strange feeling that I can’t explain any one know how long this all lasts it’s taking over my life and independence 🙁

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you are struggling with panic attacks, they are the WORST. I'm just going to ask you a few questions regarding your anxiety so I can get a better picture of what you're dealing with. Can you link the panic attacks to anything? For instance do you notice if you get them in a particular place or while your doing something? Sometimes panic attacks are linked to an experience, or a place.... and sometimes they aren't. How you deal with them varies on which you are experiencing!!

Can you try to explain the feeling you are getting? What thoughts go into your head? The lightheaded feeling you feel is very common with panic attacks. Heres how it works: Your brain thinks it's in danger, it sends "Im in trouble" chemicals to the rest of the body. This can cause increased heart rate, trouble breathing, dizziness, depersonalization.... and loads more.

As far as how long it lasts... it depends. A panic attack goes away, but unless you treat the underlying anxiety you might always feel anxious (even if you are not having an attack). Please lean on us here at the forum it's a great place. You are never alone!

Hugs

-Brianna

• Posted

ThNkyou so much for replying the first ever panic attack I left the sunbeds dropped my friend at home and was on my way to kfc when I blacked out for a moment and my breathing was getting hard like I was trying to not forget to breath if you know what I mean I then got picked up and went a&e they told me I was a little dehydrated and was having a panick attack from then on I have been having them short of breath like I’m gunna stop breathing and die . This week my all day every day light or dizzy can’t explain but having headaches with it just doesnt go away 😩😩 I’m back and forward to the doctors all the time having blood test cheats X-ray now going to have a brain scan done I’m convinced iv got somthing more wrong with me 🙁 but when I do have a full on panic attack it will be in the evening while I’m watching tv or laying in bed so it just comes on for no reason 

• Posted

I get a lot of symptoms to be honest I was laying in bed the other night and got a strange hot not a nice feeling in my throat 
    • Posted

Hi!

You're welcome for responding. So I'm not a medical professional so obviously make sure you follow up with a professional... but heres what I can tell you based off my own experience. It sounds like you are getting panic attacks because of PANIC ATTACKS! Here's what I'm thinking.... When you had that first panic attack it was because you were dehydrated- so there was a reason behind that.. However I think you are having subsequent attacks because you are afraid of feeling that way again. 

Also the feeling you are describing (thinking you are going to forget to breath) It's very common with anxiety! Concentrating too much on our breathing is what we do! I'm not sure how long you've been dealing with this but sometimes distraction helps and you can overcome this without any other interventions... however sometimes you need medication to control your anxiety.

I highly doubt that you have anything physical wrong with you, as most of your symptoms sound like anxiety. (Again not a medical professional so follow up with them ofcourse) But I think it would benefit you to see a psychiatrist. They can help determine the best course of action to help you beat this!

Again you are not alone! We are all here for ya. 

-Brianna

• Posted

Thanks that is what I panic about I think but I don’t get the chest pains head aches lightheaded my eyes don’t feel right but iv had the tested this year there great 😕dose it pass I am on medication and I do counciling but if you ask me she’s useless and my doctor referred me to see her thankyou talking to somone else really dose help with reassurance 😊 do you know if it dose go away for good 

• Posted

Hi! 

Yes it does go away! You just have to find the right treatment option for you. If you are getting panic attacks on your current medication you may need to switch medications or up your dose! So definitely talk to your doctor about that. Counseling helps for some, and doesn't help for others- just depends on you! Talking to people who can relate is the best in my opinion! Let me know if I can do anything more!

-Brianna

• Posted

Thankyou for all your help 😊😊😊

• Posted

Hi faye don't blame you for feeling scared it's the worse thing on earth, as regards to the scans your going to have, I've had 2 MRI scans 2 CAT scans, total waste of time, every thing showed up normal, best help i had was with a Psychiatrist, hope that helps and good luck.

• Posted

Thankyou for your message what is that psychiatrist ? Have you over come yours now 
    • Posted

Hi faye, Psychiatrist specializes in all brain activities, they can tell you what is triggering your anxiety with your help, ask your doctor if he can refer you to see one, my Psychiatrist found out that i have PTSD, it's worth a try, good luck.

• Posted

Thankyou I’m gunna ring up and ask tomorrow 😊

• Posted

Thankyou Brianna and I will do. My doctor is very good and understanding and I will note symptoms don’t thankyou both 
  • Posted

Hi all I called the doctors today and asked if my doctor could give me a call back he’s just called me back he’s happy to reffur me to a psychiatrist so fingers crossed it all goes well 🤞🏻Thankyou all 😊😊

• Posted

That's great!!! They will definitely help you get to the bottom of this! Much love, let us know how you make out! 

-Brianna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.