Hi, I've just been prescribed with 10mg a day of Citalo...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I've just been prescribed with 10mg a day of Citalopram and frankly I'm in utter disbelief that I'm on anti-depessants. I'm suffering with absolutely awful anxiety - but it doesn't cente on things that could happen to me - but on what could happen to my boyfriend. I'm living in a constant state of fear of what could happen to him and then half acting like something has already happenend. Half of me knows this is utterly ridiculous and half of be believes I'm being psychic or something!! I can't stand it - and so I hope that these tablets help.

To be honest - I would take any amount of nausea and yawning to get rid of these awful feelings as they are stopping me functioning properly.

Does anyone else experience anxiety for other people in their lives? I would be interested in knowing if you do and how you cope. And also if these tablets have helped xxxx

[i:b33695d7f2]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b33695d7f2]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes your not the only one i suffer from anxiety attacks, but im anxious most of the time, not just panic attacks at random but the feeling of being uptight and anxious, not just about me but about my partner or should i say x. i constantly worried about her driving etc, which unfortunatley has brought my relationshp to an end..

[i:43c12f1c0a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:43c12f1c0a]

• Posted

Oh - that's really sad!! I can see how it could go that way though. My partner's really supportive to be honest. I just fear ALL THE TIME about what I would do if anything happened to him. I envisige the funeral and everything. It really is awful.

Have you found any useful tips / trciks to calm yourself down?

[i:67b3ef81e7]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:67b3ef81e7]

• Posted

I did have dreams about my bf being stabbed, very vivid. But it hasn't dominated my life...I'm far too caught up in my own depression to let it dominate me. But I can see where it's coming from, but you gota learn to be a little more selfish and focus on what its doing to you and your own health. Counselling might be a good idea though!

[i:648e2f2b30]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:648e2f2b30]

• Posted

Hi,

Ive been on citalopram for about 5 days and so far so good but first cople days were ruff. Ive had alot of stuff on my plate from years back but i also have friends and family who i feel that i take alot on from too! i feel all nerves around them some times and have really wired dreams too! but i felt the same as you felt i was being weird but i guess we will soon find out if it is something else im sure soon enouth the tablets will let us know. Just bit your lip and get on with it becasue best advise ive had is egnore the side affects on the packet, just push everything back for a second and breath then get on with thigns becasue there no need to thret about the tablets their there to help.

Good luck

x

• Posted

I am slightly similar as I have had depression on and off for years along with anxiety. but early this year my bf got mugged at knifepoint and that just set of my anxiety really badly, i was walking around shaking and crying for days. It calmed down but still now I get overly anxious about things happening to both him and family and friends. The only way I have been coping is by trying to reason with myself and calm myself down but I'm starting on citalapram now after a very long battle to keep away from SSRIs!sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.