Hi i was diagnose with a gallstone 1week ago after ultrasound. Should i go in surgery?

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I experience sever pain in my upper abdomen just below center of ny boobs. I am 26 years old female. My doctor says it should be remove to avoid comlications. But i am also aftaid undergo surgery because i my also face complications because our doctors here is not that expert in this kind of surgery i gues or should i say i dont trust them. I am located in Mindanao Philippines. Please advice me 😢😢😢😢

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Its a fairly simple procedure. I'd find out if they do it "laparoscopically" or not. That's where they just make small incisions and use little instruments to do the surgery.

• Posted

Hi

If your Dr is saying you need surgery & they have found it then they have done well so far as many people's Drs have missed it for years

Just let them know you are worried, but leaving it could be a lot worse in time, as the pain gets worse also.

They are Drs as they care so just let them know you are worried and ask if they are confident to do the procedure.

Kindest regards

Carol

• Posted

Hi ive also got gallstones and am now waiting for surgery. I was also scared about having it done but i spoke to alot of people on here and it has really helped me. Alot of people have felt alot better after having the surgery done. Ive got alot of gallstones so im in pain all the time and cant wait to get my gallbladder out now and start feeling better as its really getting me down being in so much pain. Hope you feel better soon and keep us updated from carmella 
  • Posted

Hello  Iris Clair, I would go and have it removed as the pain you are suffering now may just be the beginning and also as the doctor states it will avoid complications.The fact that your gallbladder is acting up would suggest that someting is going on (stones),so better out than left in to cause you more discomfort.Hope that helps.

Good Luck.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up