Hi just registered to o this , hope it helps suffer so bad from anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have suffered years of anxiety , my worst thing is travelling or having to go to any social event or appointment , I have started taking citalopram 10mg been on them nearly 4 weeks , I've had a lot of health issues lately but hopefully these will be fine , I'm just worried about taking these citalopram but it's my last resort & hope I'm doing the right thing I just want my life back , does anyone take these & haven hey helped , I'm scared of getting hooked as well , I just worry about everything x

0 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi fiona

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety and keep fighting it, mine is more of a health anxiety (I have every disease imaginable or at least I imagine I have) tablets wise I don't know much about citalopram I'm afraid, have you tried propranolol? I'm on that and also (only when I'm really bad) diazapan but I'm careful with that as valium is addictive

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi thank you for your reply , I'm much the same seem to have every illness going , especially regarding my bowels Ibs & now diverticuler disease but really hate pills , just want these to help me hope you keep well 😀

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have just started taking Doxycycline for a sinus infection and since taking them I've had terrible acid reflux, I'm hoping it a side effect of the tablet but I'm now worried that I have something going on in my stomach causing this and it's being made worse with my anxiety, anyone know the answer?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Laura, Doxycycline is an evil antibiotic, used rarely because it's expensive. It works extremely well to get rid of the infection but it does have a few side-effects, including acid reflux. When you've finished the Doxycycline your acid reflux will disappear.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello fina

Yes I take this medication and have been on it for a long time now, upwards or above twenty years and will be on them now for the rest of my life. I am sixty six years old and they do work and I am now generally quite calm

I do not know your need or condition and how old you are ? Generally speaking it may be only a short time you need this drug. Plase do not worry.

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

they will my lovely and good for you its a hard step and you took it so well done it can be a hard and lonely road but you can also get through it and you will there are some lovely people who are on here who will be here for you 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Welcome, Fiona,

Citalopram is very helpful for people with anxiety. Your doctor will probably increase the dose to 20mg. Please don't be worried about taking it. Medication like citalopram usually takes about 8 - 10 weeks to kick in, and then you will feel much better. It is not addictive, darling.

You are most certainly doing the right thing by taking the citalopram. Give it a chance to work, Fiona. And please stay with us here so that we can help you and support you. Many, many people on this site have the same problem as you. You're not alone here.

love Tess xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much Tess, I sometimes feel so alone yet I've such a loving supportive family , I'm so scared of side effects , my doc says he will be putting me up to 20 mg soon which scares me as im s scared of pills , but I just want to feel better xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I meant to add that I'm a trained nurse so I know about medications and things like that.

As I said, stay with us. Hugs.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You did the right thing, joining the group. And don't be afraid of taking 20mg of citalopram. That is what is recommended as the best dose to help people feel back to normal again.

Love Tess xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi fiona the dose you are on is a low one my love im only only twenty but they take  the edge of my depression and anxiety i dont wont a higher dose but I have been on and off them for years so you cant get "hooked" the other thing i would say is when you want to stop let your doctor know and he will reduce them I have done it my self in the past. they certainly in my eyes the better of antidepressants sorry to hear your health isn't good i hope it will improve and this is a brilliant forum for support and advice, my love.keep strong 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes my love  you will know with your docs help and the lovely thing is that everyone on here has gone  or going through this condition to varying degrees so their comments and support will be genuine and honest and you take care my love remember if you need to ask anything there are people on here ready to help including my self x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is defo good to share hope we can all help each other & have more good days than bad I might try to go out the house tomorrow haven't been out much at all xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up