Hi Ladies. I am 8 days post op following a TAH & BSO and need HRT advice.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am some what confused.My op went fine and my consultant wanted to start me on HRT on my discharge day"When this date arrived the pharmacist wanted me to discuss this with my GP.I am seeing her next Mon. Can I go without HRT if I feel ok or how long can I wait before I start it? I get some hot flushes but I used to get them before my op aswell.Generally  I don't  feel so tired now,I don't feel down so I can't see why I need HRT.I am worried about starting it and feeling worse.

Please help.

Teresa

xxx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Teresa, it depends how far you are in your perimonopause (menopause). You can go either way. You can go for a while without HRT, see how are you feeling and if needed start low dose estrogen. Don't need to worry about progestron, since no uterus. Or you can start low dose HRT right away for few months and then consider stopping it if you don't have persistent flushes and so on. In any case, if you start and will feel worse, you always can stop HRT and side effects wil go away quickly. Hope it helps. 
  • Posted

Hi Teresa

Its up to you and how you feel about HRT if you can do with out it thats great because HRT has a lot of side effects just make a careful choice as to what you want to do 

• Posted

I feel fine that i feel that i don't need any at the moment.

I am going to discuss it with my gp next wee

Thanks

Teresa

• Posted

Hi Teres. Personally, I am anti HRT because of the breast cancer links, so I am only using natural products, which are working so far. Primrose oil 1000mgs x3, magnesium and Menopace plus a day. The Primrose oil takes away flushes, and nausea, if you get it, magnesium works for cramps, and Menopace plus deals with the sore boobs and edginess. Good luck. I hope it works.
  • Posted

Hi:

You don't say how old you are or how long its been sense menopause, but my way of thinking if you are getting on fine way mess up the works?  Its always something you can start later if your needs point in that direction.  Hot flashes are the least reason for starting HRT.

Have a good week end

Kathy

• Posted

Morning Kathy.

I sm 45 and only had my Op on April 7th.I also had Zoladex and Prostap injections since Jan which put you through a temporary menapause.Are you taking hrt?

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.