Hide Scan didn't complete

Posted , 2 users are following.

they gave the tracer and took some pictures I was on the table for about an hour and a half.  They had me get up and move around and wait another half hour because my gallbladder filled up but nothing was coming out.  After another half hour they took some more pictures and still nothing they said i was all done and have a nice day.  They never did the second push to empty out my glabbladder.  They wouldn't tell me anything.  So what's up? Why did they stop and not do the rest?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

its possible you're doctor didn't order the CCK with the scan. They usually do the CCK from what I read but maybe the doctor was trying to save you money. If it didn't empty it's easy to assume there's a problem and you may need surgery.

• Posted

A CCK was ordered they told me that at the beginning.  They sent me to the waiting room to wait another 30 mins to see if anything was produced but they came and got me after about 10 mins and said they didn't want anymore and I was done. So I am guessing my gallbladder is producing at 0%? 

• Posted

I actually get my HIDA tomorrow but have been researching a lot. I have read that the dye can show it going from the liver to the small intestine, skipping the gallbladder. This would confirm acute cholecystitis and therefor no CCK would be needed if it didn't stop in the gallbladder. I'm not a doctor though. Just sharing what research I've found in preparation for my scan.

• Posted

And just to be clear. It does go through the gallbladder but the gallbladder is not filling and then contracting to empty so the dye is shown going straight through.
    • Posted

Mine filled just didn't release anything on its own. So they stopped the test and didn't do the CCK.

• Posted

That's odd. Make sure you're doctor knows that when they call with the results. Let us know what they said in case anyone else reads this in the future and needs answers.

• Posted

They said they didn't do a CCK because of the lack of bowel movement.  They thought there might be a blockage.  So they did a Bilirubin test and it came back at .4 and they said anything below a 1.0 was normal. They also said my gallbladder was fine.  Not 100% sure how they can say that since they didn't do the CCK.  Now we are waiting for them Celiac test to come back. 

• Posted

Celiac would be better than gallbladder surgery. My HIDA came back at 21% so now I have my answers. I made my doctor test me for celiac years ago and was negative. Hope you figure it out. Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.