hidradenitis suppurativa - New symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi All,

I have a skin condition called hidradenitis suppurativa. I had 3 abcesses come up in my groin that were the size of a fist and had 6 operations within a few months. I was clear around 3years and was told that I had reoccurring abscesses. Jan 2012 I have a another large abcess come up and had another 10 or more. This resulted in a further 3 operations. I finally was told that I did infact have hidradenitis suppurativa. Recently I have a smaller abcess that keeps on coming up and leaking then going down and coming back up. I am also experiencing severe pain in my groin. its like a hot poker and it is constant and radiates down my thigh. I have also bumps under the skin that are very small but painful and hot to touch. I dont have any abcess now just this pain. Has anyone every experienced this before and can give me any information. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Louise

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.