High Anx Symptoms

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all

I thought it might be useful if we could list what happens to us when our various forms of anxiety and depression kick in. Thought it might help to reassure ourselves, and a guide for newcomers?

Ill start off, when my anxiety is high i often feel:

Excessively hot

Skin prickling

Detached

Fearful

Dizzy/Off balance

Dry mouth

Nausea - then when eating full very quickly

Need the toilet a lot

Stomach problems

Then if things are really extreme my health anxiety kicks in, then I will think i must have any number of diseases or ailments (which in my head i know i dont!). This is then complicated when the usual anx symptoms kick in - these get associated to whatever it is think i have and so on

Any of this sound familiar to anyone?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello jmcg

Yes, the above list is pretty comprehensive.....all classic symptoms!

Other things I could add are:

Burning skin sensation (like sunburn, but no redness) mostly during the night, which wakes me up.

Butterflies/churning in the stomach

After a prolonged year of anxiety (caused by an outside source) I now get pins and needles in my hands, legs and feet (plus burning on the soles of feet).

Although better from the detachment (depersonalisation) and some of the anxiety (the outside source has been removed) I get very tired, restless nights with weird dreams, However, I am now trying to move forward, having been a lifelong sufferer every few years or so. I do rely on Fluoxetine as a regular med.

Any more symptoms, anyone? I bet there are!

Keep smiling!

• Posted

I get;

heart palpitations/fluttering/skips

sweating

shaking

tingling in my face

numb hands and feet

upset stomach

dizziness/light headedness

Feeling like I'm not real

• Posted

all sounds quite familiar from everyone - i too used to get a lot of nightmares Lady, not so much now - for some reason as my anxiety has got worse, the nightmares have got less
  • Posted

for me the depersonalisation is one of the worse symptoms, its totally terrifying!
  • Posted

I would say palpitations and all the heart stuff is the worst for me. It makes me worry about dying on the spot all the time.
  • Posted

I hate the brain fog just don't seem to be awake,or part of life,I do know all what's going but feel so lethargic and tired all the time and the headaches, But there something different every day.

• Posted

there is joan thats true, always a new "something" to wind us up more. currently i feel sick to my stomach, really feel unwell - but iknow its the anx as my anx has been really high lately
  • Posted

the brain fog is terrible joan, i know exactly what you mean, as if your not quite awake
  • Posted

Yes exactly I wake up when its time for bed Then get up filling the fog again.
  • Posted

I am getting in a state because Hubbie is out all day tomorrow hate being alone,how daft is that like a child.
  • Posted

Just noticed the spelling of feeling cracking up Sorry
  • Posted

I have all above plus my speach is funny mg left side stif weak and shootin pain in my head .
  • Posted

I hate the intrusive thoughts, and the worrying about every little thing. x
  • Posted

All of the these systems I have daily I stopped going out etc I saw a doctor today and got some beta blockers and anti depressions started taking bet at blockers and anti depression today and so far I feel little less up tight and stressed my heart has slowed down for sure x
  • Posted

Yes Claire,

The thoughts are horrible and the worrying I quiet agree.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.