high heart rate

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't know what to do any more. Every time i go to the doctor my blood pressure is up and so is my heart rate. Last month at the dentist it was up at a 117 the heart rate, and when i saw my doctor that week it was up at 112, and then last week at the urologist it was up at a 101 and the blood pressure was elevated some. I take to blood pressure pills amlodipine 2.5mg and losartan 100mg This makes me not want to go to doctors or the dentist any more and my heart rate is high at night in the 90s or 100s at times when i am sleeping. My boyfriend his heart rate is either in the 60s or 70s which is good and his blood pressure is good too even when he is not feeling great his heart rate and blood pressure are normal and mine is elevated 

I am having work done on my teeth and by the time they get to doing the inplants where the missing teeth go if my heart rate is not down and my blood pressure is elevated they won't be able to do the surgery 

Then the only thing that helps me with my anxieties is ativan and my psych doctor does not want me on it and i am also on paxil at bedtime then there are times i can not sleep i get really agitated start crying i just want my heart rate to go down instead of it being so high. I just feel like crying because i do relaxation take baths and i still get fidgity at night 

i am tired of this i don't know what to do any more then the other night i had a panic attack to where i was agitated all night and had trouble sleeping i couldn't even fall back to sleep i was so agitated my boyfriend says i was turning on all the lights in the place. 

Just feel like crying i am fed up with having my heart rate so high at doctors offices and at bedtime and durring sleepsadcry

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HiSusan sorry to hear of your anxieties I know how you feel I didn't sleep good either last night it's a weired sensation in your body like you want to relax but your body feels edgy and weired I nearly got out of bed but must of fell to sleep. I have atrial fribullation got it about 2 years ago after a virus always been fit up until then I too don't like taking medication I'm on a blood thinner and now they have put me on a channel blocker because I was having really bad side affects of bisropolol never going back on that again I do therefore think a lot of these medicines we take make us have weired sensation, dizziness and lightheaded. My heart rate goes up from time to time especially like you if your off to docs or dentist I've have taken up Tia chi and meditation I do think it helps.

• Posted

Thank you Glitzy this has helped a lot. I just read about artrial fribullation 

I am on Losartan and Amlodipine 

• Posted

Going to the doctor or dentist will naturally make your blood pressure go up.  My dad's blood pressure Is always high when going to the doctor.  He nicknames it 'white coat syndrome'.  I have a pathological terror of anything medical or dental and I'm sure both have contributed to my IBS.  But if you have the menopause to contend with, it will only exacerbate your symptoms.
    • Posted

Thank you. That should be my nickname too white coat syndrom 

How does your dad deal with his blood pressure being up. 

• Posted

White Coat Syndrome is a recognised and common complaint and nothing to worry about. In fact worrying will only make it worse!

I found the meditation part of Yoga (and Yoga itself) to be very helpful, especially 'Yogic Breathing'. Most of us fail to breathe properly. Concentrating on your breathing is very relaxing as well as making sure you are getting plenty of oxygen without hyper-ventalating.

Best wishes and good luck with the dental work. x

• Posted

Thank you for your advise i will practice some yoga i will look it up on you tube and see which one is good to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.