High heart rate

Posted , 7 users are following.

Evening

Does anyone else have a high heart rate in the evenings?

Mine seems to be in the 90's and settles down eventually but I can feel it and it's uncomfortable

I'm on HRT and I've been feeling so much better since but this is niggling at me now

X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have been diagnosed by my cardiologist as having atrial tachycardia (fast heartbeat from a certain area of the heart), I went to see him because of palpitations and a fast heartbeat.  He said it is often brought on by hormones, put me on a beta blocker.  I take it at night before bed, helps me calm down for sleep.  I'm not on HRT.
  • Posted

I had this fast heart rate in the evenings too and panick attacks in my sleep as well, it went on for almost 2 yrs, but when I went to my doctor he did test and all was fine, nothing wrong with my heart, have not had this problem for the last few months now and I sleep much better.
  • Posted

I go for a few weeks with no palpitations or racing heart and then they start up again. I've had palpitations, etc, for a few days now. It lasts for hours at a time too and even though I try to rationalise it, they always scare me and get me down. Mine too seem to get worse in the late afternoon and onwards. I feel for you Lesley, so many ladies here have had this and it helped me to know that but when it starts, it does get to you. Good luck, I hope it settles down for you soon x. 
    • Posted

Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one struggling

I've had heart tests and they came back fine but I can't get my head around the fast heart beat, it does happen more so when I get a period so perhaps I should monitor it and then I might be able to relax a bit more x

• Posted

My heart rate is high durring the day sometimes at night mostly its anxieties that make go up you may have anxieties in you that is making your heart rate go up. 
    • Posted

I do get very anxious over things, but once I feel it I start worrying and persume this is making me worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.