High TPO antibodies of 629.3 with symptoms but “normal” TSH WHAT To do

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I am new to this forum and desperate for information. I have been experiencing symptoms similar to hyperthyroidism for 6 mos - anxiety, racing heart and horrible insomnia, along with complete texture changes to my hair.  I have swelling in both hands, both feet, shins and knees. I am not overweight.  My periods have completely stopped.  I began taking Prozac which helped the anxiety, but the palpitations and insomnia are still present (insomnia helped by Ambien) and the hair problem is still noticeable. 

My TSH is 1.5 (lowest 1.0 in November 2017). As of Jan 2018 -TSH is 1.5, Free T4 is .9, and Free T3 is 4.9. I have been informed that these are “normal.”  I do not feel normal. I am on no Thyroid or AntiThyroid medication at all.  

My dermatologist ordered a TPO test because of my symptoms. My TPO antibodies are 629.3 (with a normal range of 1-5). This doesn’t only seem to be elevated, but extremely elevated.

The only explanation that I seem to be getting is that “one day” I will be Hypothyroid,  which doesn’t seem to make any at all, since my symptoms seem exactly the opposite. 

Does anyone have any insight into what significance at all do these significantly elevated antibodies could have - especially combined with symptoms?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your body is making antibodies to your thyroid tissue  like crazy. This is autoimmune disease, caused by exposure to chemicals, radiation, microbes, stress it a combination.

Reduce your exposure to chemicals, find some cleanses that you like, try sauna as well. You likely have nutritional deficiencies, so take good quality vitamins and minerals. There are many supplements to help with toxicity and inflammation.

Dump the Prozac and know that depression is a symptom of hypothyroid disease and reach out for support when you’re at the end of your rope.

Get yourself to an acupuncturist immediately!

• Posted

Normal T4 is 9-19 so yours is very low at 0.9. That, and the high antibodies, are an anomaly for sure. However this does not explain your symptoms. If you have not done so you should see an endocrinologist. It certainly sounds like an autoimmune condition, and, with respect to other posters, may need more than acupuncture to address.

And...if a mild dose of antidepressant helps you, then use it for gosh sakes!

• Posted

I have high TPO antibodies too and it is called Hashimotos. Was low thyroid for about a year and a half (diagnosed same time perimenopause started, ugh) and then diagnosed with TPO antibodies. Had the exact symptoms as you and apparently even though you are HYPO when your thyroid is attacked it dumps out hormones like crazy, thus causing the HYPER symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.