Higher dose of celexa how long until It works?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have anxiety/depression I started taking celexa 20mg I was good for a year until mid February my anxiety came back and I got a higher dose 30mg.Today marks five weeks.Is it too early to feel a difference? I feel somewhat better but I’m still not to where I want to be considering i experienced it helping me in the past.Please help me or give me some advice I’m kind of losing hope 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes,it is too short for the ssri too work.Give it 8/10 weeks for the ssri too builds up in your system
  • Posted

Hi. I'm suffering, too. Citalopram did wonders for me pulling me out of depression/anxiety. Ive been on 20 mg 5 years. I decided to try things naturally and have been off 8 weeks. My anxiety came back:*( i just started back 2 days ago . Hope it works for both of us again!

• Posted

Don’t worry ladies it will work well again but you have to give it time it’s like beginning again as Marsh said it may take 8-10 weeks but you could be one of the lucky ones and feel it working sooner. Take things one day at a time these drugs are great but can’t be hurried, they are not a quick fix but a great fix!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.