Hip Pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I havent been on here for while as I thought I had managed my health anxiety and general depression. However, its croped up again causing me some very anxious feelings. I have had hip sorness and pain for a few weeks and though it was maybe my vit d defiency previously diognoised. I have now noticed its getting worse and i keep thinking it might be somethong more serious. I am going to the doctors on monday but that i know will add to my exsiting health anxiety. I sometimes wish I could come out of my own head its so awful... Recently someone I work with has had a c diognoses and i cant help thinking I am next!!! I have no one I can talk to although I do see a counsellor its hard to really get the correct support off her. Has anyone else had hip pain that feels sore and pain in the buttock and lower back? I just wish I would be normal instead of being anxious all the time about everything... feeling very low...

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello there,I'm sorry to hear about you suffering from health anxiety. I too have a really bad health anxiety to the point I don't even wanna go out in case something bad happens to me. It's a good thing you've set an appointment with the doctor so you'll know if there's something wrong. Idk much about it but I know your muscles and body can hurt from anxiety. You hearing from that person you work with about that diagnosis has had a huge effect on you, raising your anxiety. Don't think of the worse please. Hang in there and let us know what the doctor tells you on Monday! You're not alone in this!

• Posted

Thank you for your re-assauring words but sometimes evan the obvious is hard to accept. I have had this pain before but its got worse as I have started a very physical job. I thought doing some voluntary work that involved physical strength would help my mental stress. It really does but I am back to where I was last year with pain in my shoulder thinking it was a serious condition. I also googled and the worse is said so I am back to the cycle of thinking the worse evan though I attempt to tell myself its my anxiety.
  • Posted

Hi

Sorry your suffering with anxiety, sadly it does go with together with pain , discomfort, twinges etc, Like a health anxiety.

Although i think what your discriping in ypur hip, buttocks etc could easily be sciatica, I sometimes get this and it is very painful . Does pain relief meds take the edge off it?

I have suffered health anxiety in the past and when i get the anxiety symptoms of panic, dizzy, breathing issues etc.. I firmly tell myself this is just anxiety..... and carry on the best i can through it until it subsides.

Until you see your GP can you up breathing skills, positive mantra or relaxing meditations... just to help ease your anxious mind until your gp can reassure you x

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for your mail I have tried to do many things to convince myself its ok and that works sometimes but at the moment its too strong... Taking medication complety takes away the pain so that does help but i dont want to take medication as I feel I am masking a serious illness thoughts in my mind.

• Posted

Hi! I've been getting this the past 2 weeks and also found slightly swollen lymph node in my groin. Saw GP yesterday and he said all seems ok. Can feel the node more because I'm slim. I've had an infection in my toe which is still lingering slightly, so that's likely caused it... anyway, I also thought the worst, just like you. But I'm feeling reassured(for now!) that I might not be dying!

My newest fear is pregnancy! I've already got 3!!

• Posted

Hi

Thanks that makes me feel a little re-assured as i feel I have a raised lymph node in my groin which was really causing me to worry with the hip pain as well. When I am taking medication or putting deep heat on it it goes away.. I really hope its just a muscle problem or wear n tear of the hundreds of spinning classes I did for the last 2 years...

• Posted

Hi there. I suffered from G.A.D and depression. Being managed by meds.Yes.Have hip pain and neck pain.But you haven't got c.Your imagining the worst.Try and focus on something else.Try mindulfness or watching some funny tv programme or watch cute animal programmes.Go for a walk.Anything to distract yourself. I hope you are getting best treatment at doctor's. God BLESS you and He will help you xxx

• Posted

Thank you, Its re-assuring that I am not the only one who has these worped and over the top responces to things. I have done this before but embarrassed myself in front of my family when I thought I was dieing, hence why I dont talk to anyone about my head. I dont want to be in a position were people become fed up of me!! I get fed up of me too... I have this support from people like you it really helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.