Hip pain post op

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

Been a long time since i was last on. I have just undergone surgery no4 on my left hip (removal of metalwork). Was wondering if anyone had any idea on healing time or exercises to be doing? Hospital didn't tell me anything before discharge. Had my operation on 26th Nov, no longer on crutches but slight limp. Pain started this evening.

Thanks for listening

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi little one 66,

This is your 4 surgery on your left hip?? You will have pain its still to soon perhaps you did to much and your hip is sore . I was just wondering why so much hip surgerys ? Are you still taking pain pills if you are maybe take one and relax and you will feel better soon . Take care

let us know how you are doing

Jackie

• Posted

Hello Littleone66,

You are off crutches very quickly could that be the cause of your pain returning? I appreciate you are an old hand after four surgeries on the same hip therefore, know much more than me, it just sounds very fast to drop crutches unless you had the anterior approach.

• Posted

Why so many surgeries ... I had three and that was bad enough 😦

What metalwork did they remove?

I had the ceramic break due to incompetent surgeon putting it in wrong. I had to have it flushed out and everything except the stem replaced in July. Back at the gym and playing golf 10 weeks later!

Hospital should have told you healing time and exercises, that is basic information you need to make the best from their work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.