hip popped out today

Posted , 16 users are following.

Putting on boots and my hip just popped out. Horrible pain for seconds and I moved and it went back in by itself. It popped out 6 weeks ago and I had to go to hospital. Has this happened to anyone?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

yes it happened to me 60 some times the er sent me home with it dislocated to fend for myself. i was also told that if it goes back in on its own it may not sit sll the way back in. duke put my hip in backwards.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out OK for you. I never had my hip pop out. I guess I'm lucky. I hope you have some one there to help you. I wouldn't be walking around on it for a while. xx

• Posted

that seems insane. are you sure it popped out? when mine dislocated they had to fully sedate me because of the muscles pulling

• Posted

yea it was all the way to the back of my but. i went to another er before i got it fixed and they tried to reset it with no pain meds or sedation

• Posted

how long since your surgery and what surgical approach did you have?

• Posted

Did you follow hip precautions when putting boots on....90° rule ?

I wear slip on shoes to avoid and will be doing for 3 months with posterior hip op.

• Posted

now you have me worried, tomorrow is my six week post op for left hip, right hip is strong, matter of fact left hip feels strong, ready to go back to work, but this is my worry and probably my jobs problem!

• Posted

please dont worry some comments are not helpful

do as youre told and be careful bending I am 5 months post op and can do most things now but am still careful bendingi did have both replaced same time so havent got a non operated side

muscles take a while to get used to working properly after limping for so long

• Posted

Kathyhip,

How far post op are you? this is a big fear for us all. I wore slip on shoes and hubby put my socks on and anything else I needed to bend down for initially.

• Posted

Is it possible that it just moved in the socket and didn't actually Pop out, if it is coming out it needs the muscles to be strengthened a lot as its the muscles that hold it in place

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.