Hip replacement, 1yr on and noises?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had a total hip replacement around 15 months ago, I bent down the other day and my new hip made a crunching sound, I shrugged it off and thought it just maybe something that happens after a replacement but just today it happened again but there was a slight pain down the front of my thigh and buttock. Has anybody got any ideas as to what i should do please?

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Record it all, date time what you were doing and contact your doctor
  • Posted

That does not sound good. What sort of prosthesis did you have and what approach was used? I suggest limited activity whilst waiting to see your surgeon. Good luck. Richard
    • Posted

Hi,it was a ceramic hip i had and it was a posterior approach.

• Posted

Thanks for that. Glad that your GP is arringing for X rays. Best of luck. Richard
  • Posted

Crunching does not sound good, mine squeaks every now and again, usually when it's hot for some reason, but never when a doctor is present to listen to it rolleyes.

I'd get your crunchy THR checked, better safe than sorry.

Graham

• Posted

Now been to the g.p and she is sending me for an x ray as she thinks it may have got loose! I had a fall in February this year so maybe it was to do with that? Who knows eh!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.