Hip replacement pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had left hip replacement in March 2018, as stated earlier was experiencing pain at times in butt and back of thigh gets worse with a lot of walking during day. Excruciating sometimes, had xrays, doc said some haloing but shows all intact. Thinking I just over worked it with cardio and job requires a lot of walking, pushing carts, etc. But I really hope its gets better while it has helped some at first almost a year now but just not where I thought I would be in recovery.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richard

you might have a siacta it's where the nerve is entrapped and causing you that pain I had my right hip replaced in March 2011 but it dislocated 3 times and then they had to revise the hip in October 2011 then have that I noticed what you are saying you are also experiencing and I kept saying to the doctors that I keep having this nerve pain in my glute and it was finally determined that I have a siacta and it runs down my right leg plus I developed severe neuropathy so you might ask your doctor to send to to see a neurologist to see if that is what is happening to you .I hope you can have someone to help figure things out I understand what you are going through .

• Posted

Thank you for the comments, I tend to over work with cardio and the walking a work ,hoping to get easier job soon at work less overload. When the pain was intense before of course getting a doc. appointment was two weeks later it got better . Seems to be happening again .I feel to that they (doc) dont want to admit that there is something going on. I see him in a month again. Thank you all for your thoughts on what it maybe.

• Posted

also ask for a mri. muscles and tendons could be a issue with all the pushing and pulling for your job. i had torn psoas and IT BAND .

• Posted

Thank you for the comments, I tend to over work with cardio and the walking a work ,hoping to get easier job soon at work less overload. When the pain was intense before of course getting a doc. appointment was two weeks later it got better . Seems to be happening again .I feel to that they (doc) dont want to admit that there is something going on. I see him in a month again. Thank you all for your thoughts on what it maybe.

• Posted

hi, your symptoms do sound 'sciaticy', although not an expert in any way, I did have similar pain sometimes from overdoing the physio etc. pain radiated through my bum cheek into my thigh and it was very painful! at times it shot down to my knee and caused some numbness in my lower leg and foot. I was given naproxen to take as short term anti inflammatory and I found sitting on a heat mat really soothing (definately helped with the pain on a night) . hope you get some relief soon as nerve pain is awful! x

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.