Hip scar

Posted , 11 users are following.

Interested how peoples scar is looking.

this is my image 2wks exactly day when had stitches out.

opposed to image at 4wks.

think I am happy with way looking.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This was my scar when the dressing came off two weeks after the op. No stitches as it was glued.

• Posted

omg that's brilliant and so small...

I wish mine was glued and that small..

• Posted

May look bruised but didnt feel it considering what happened through that small incision.

• Posted

Hip replacement by Mr Hugh Apthorp at Spire Hastings Sussex UK. Excellent surgeon with very speedy and painless recovery. Just a year on now and its been a fantastic year giving me my life back. i have almost forgotten I had it done.

• Posted

such an amazingly tiny incision mine are both over 25cm long!

• Posted

neat scar. mine are both really curved, yours looks straight

• Posted

crikey that is a big scar. Mine is about 8cm and along the side of my jean seam. No staples either, just glue and internal stitches like John

• Posted

strange how different,areas and consultants do them. I would have preferred a small one 🙄

• Posted

Looks really good! Mine was just like that at around10 weeks and now the colour is lighter and just barely noticeable. Im now 8 months out from surgery and so happy to have a life without that horrible pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.