History of irregular period; worried about pregnancy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I use Flo, an app to track my period (not for fertility reasons, I have no interest in getting pregnant) My period in February was from 7-11, March was ~13-16, and at April 10, now I'm experiencing stubborn fat around my hips and stomach that won't go away (with diet and exercise) and spotting (which sometimes happens with my period, and I have PMDD with a lot of symptoms similar to pregnancy). I have protected sex, but I'm not on the pill because I hear it causes more weight gain and I've got a history of eating disorders (anorexia/bulimia) and I don't want to gain from the pill. All of this causes me unbelievable anxiety and makes my period even MORE irregular. 

1) could I be pregnant? 

2) should I just bite the bullet and get on the pill? Is there one that maybe doesn't cause weight gain as a side effect?

I'm sorry for this ridiculous load of information, I just have a lot of nonsense running amok in my head over this.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.