HIV???

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello, i ha unprotected oral from a sex worker and im already completely ashamed. 6 months later, i had a full std tests and came back with a negative HIV test that was a 4th gen w/rfx, but my test said i came back positive to have HSV-1 antibodies. i read that having an sti will increase chance i get hiv, so since then ive been completely freaking out and here is what i did next. ONE week before my 5 months i went to planned parenthood and got a 20 minute test for HIV from blood they took, which came back negative. at 6 months and some days, like i said earlier i took the 4th gen test with rfx and it came back non reactive and normal. a week later i took an oraquick test using my saliva and waiting 20 minutes the line at the very top which stated that i was negative was completely red and the line below which would be positive was non existent and i tried looking hard. so, if my hsv -1 did increase my chance to get HIV, from the results i have been given am i being crazy to still be worrying if i have HIV? im freaking out.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

i cannot read your post fully as its all missing i cab just see it says unprotected oral the chances of getting hiv from oral sex is very low

• Posted

idk how it got cut off, but i recieved a blood test from plant parenthood at 1 week before 5 months and test negative, then tested again with 4th gen test at 6 months and some days. my question is what are the chances my test are conclusive, the same scenario im recently scared of because i have HSV-1, which is an STI and can increase my chances to get HIV. so, im here going CRAZY. would you take these test as conclusive or am i just over thinking it

• Posted

i have hsv1 and i havnt got hiv iv had hsv1 for the last 18 years hiv test would be quite reliable at 6 months

• Posted

once the warts have been treated i replied to your post earlier

• Posted

I was referring to the fact that since it was a sex worker 😕.. I'd be more worried about it, and I've kind of been insanely scarred about that fact and now that I've been tested positive for hsv1 I'm literally in agony thinking worst case scenarios. like what if hiv antigens aren't produce after 6 months and my antibodies as well , uhh

• Posted

dont think u need to worry about hiv results 6 months would give plenty of time for antibodies to build up

• Posted

HiV test are pretty accurate and if all of those came back negative then your neg

• Posted

hey me & you had same situation , did you feel any symptoms days after exposure ? such as tingling or burning at the tip of penis

im having those symptoms & think i may have herpes antibodies but cant get tested until 11 more weeks

• Posted

I feel like I was paying extra attention then, and I dint think so..this is 6 months later and I felt a slight discomfort underneath my butt, but I think I was overreacting I dont know tho

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.