HIV 3rd generation antibodies rapid test from a finger prick

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi dr

my girlfriend tested negative at 6 weeks and I tested negative at 83 Days post exposure Is it conclusive With alere antibodies rapid test from a finger prick

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

84 days is conclusive 12weeks but 90 is conclusive also i know its confusing to me to but i tested at both

• Posted

Raheem,

You have certainly tested negative conclusively.

Also, if your girl friend had a separate exposure and she tested negative with a finger prick at 6 weeks, she would likely need another final one at 8 weeks with the same test for a conclusive. However, if you decide to take a standard antibody test (lab test) at this point, it should give you a conclusive now. Please bear in mind that the above recommendation is only if she had a separate exposure.

However, if you are only talking about an exposure where you are contemplating whether you have given her something, she doesn't need to test as you are negative and you can't give someone the virus when you don't have one.

Good luck

Mike

• Posted

was suspicious of getting HIV from her cause shes my only sexual partner and she also said am her only sexual partner in the last 5 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.