HIV

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, 

I had an encounter with a stranger 6 weeks ago, I put my penis in unprotected in her vagina a couple of times but not full intercourse and we both did oral. 

A few days/week later I developed a very sore throat with white spots on the tonsils, this quickly developed into fevers, night sweats, swollen throat glands, tiredness which I’ve read are all signs of a HIV infection. 

I tested at 27 days. I did this at the GUM clinic in the UK which I feel is a 4th generation test but not sure. Does anybody know which test they use? 

They came back negative, how conclusive are these? Should I continue to be worried after showing the flu like signs following the encounter? 

How accuarate are the 4th generation tests at 27 days? How likely are they to miss an infection? When are they considered conclusive? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was going through the same thing. And from what I was told for 97-99% accurate after21
  • Posted

I am going through same. I read in 21-28 days the result is 95-99% accurate. 

Please keep us updating. 

• Posted

You can ask the clinic about the test and about how accurate it is after 27 days.
  • Posted

I was negative at 27 days using a 4th generation test. 

I will probably repeat in a few weeks. 

• Posted

The same here. I got all symptoms. I tested at 5, 7, 9, 11, 15 (elisa 4th gen) and 20 (3rd gen rapid test) weeks all negatives. I am waiting the 6 months mark although doctors have told me not to worry anymore about hiv. The problem is that I have a chronic slight pharyngitis since 4 months ago and doesn't seem to give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.