Hiv exposure, test results

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had unprotected oral and anal with my girlfriend for first time, after 10 days I have many symptoms(fever, chills, bodyache, night sweats(very warm room) mouth ulcers, (for 2 or 3 days or maybe less), after these symptoms I had 2 days of diarrhea and I had stool test with many rbc and wbc).

I and my girlfriend had testesd 4th generation elisa at day 20, both negative.

Rapid test for myself at aids center at day 24 and day 40, negative.

An ag/ab hiv 1&2 test(4th generation) at day 47, negative.

My girlfriend had anal warts and two warts near genital area from day 18 after our sex, I didn't have genital warts ever.( so I don't know that when she had sex)(she says she had sex 5 years ago but many french kissing and the last of them was 1 months before we met, I didn't know to trust her or not because of her warts,)

I had too much  anxiety and depression over this story, I lost 5 percent of my body weight in this 40 days, and feel tired and have mild headache right side of my head all the time.

What should I do?

Do another tests necessary? I'm thinking of pcr test.

I have to add this she had a kidney transplant 5 years ago and she was using immune suppressor drugs all time but 6 months ago the kidney failed and she is doing dialysis 4,5 times every day, and I'm worried about her medication that weakened her immune system and this could cause her window period longer.

Thanks a lot.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Mr. Anxiety,

CALM DOWN!!!

There is NO need to get any test.

A 4th generation HIV test after 28 days is considered as conclusive result. So you already tested at day 47 and it is negative. Therefore, it is absolutely NEGATIVE. 

There is NO NEED to have a PCR test as it is very expensive and in your case, my answer is NO NO NO!

For the window period question, please have a look on this site https://www.quora.com/What-causes-a-delayed-HIV-seroconversion.

It says the delay of window period could happened in antibodies testing but not in PCR and Antigen test. So please calm down and move on to your life.

All in all, you do not need any further test for HIV test. But if you still worried, go to check after 12 weeks, that is the longest window time for HIV testing and the p24 testing which you did is CONCLUSIVE!!! So, if you want to go for testing, it is up to you, but i am very very very confident for your result. 

Keep healthy and have a good mood. 

Enjoy your day and please DO NOT worry!

You are NEGATIVE.

• Posted

Hi,

I do not know why my reply is being moderated, but i can tell form your post that you are quite nervous, what i want to say is you are NEGATIVE, and no need to be scared about the accuracy of the test result. (I explained on my last post, hope you could see it sooner )

Pop me a message anytime if you feel you need help.

Do not need to be worried at all. 

Best, 

Hugo

• Posted

Thanks dear Hugo0620.

I'm new in this website and I can't send a private message to you. How can I do this?

How can you be this sure? What about my symptoms?

• Posted

Oh dear, you sound like you live a life style I lived , hmmm still kinda there still. You have to start respecting yourself abit more , I'm speaking to myself as I write this as well. We all have needs and yeah we get lazy and weak and wants some , but why do we set the bar low? There's light at the end of the tunnel , love yourself abit more. I had the same panic and still stupidly went to pay her a visit , weren't me thinking , thankfully nothing happened. I don't know much about anal , even though I got a fetish for it. HiV Is rarer than you think , even so IT DOESNT END LIVES, show humility if so , but your life is still there , stay calm and always remember that

• Posted

Thanks man, you are very kind, but what do you think about my case? My symptoms?
  • Posted

Dear Aahmad6969, 

I send my number to you via private message, please call me anytime you feel comfortable.  

Let us solve your question and scare together.

Best, 

Hugo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.