HIV POSITIVE?!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so long story short.. I had unprotected sex twice with a guy who’s hiv status is unknown. Dumb, ikr please don’t remind me.. he told me he had no stds, but I didn’t see proof. Anyways, we had sex June 16th and June 18th. Both times we started with a condom and took it off. He NEVER ejaculated in me, he pulled out. July 9th I developed what I thought was a sore on my genital, so I was tested for herpes, and back negative. Next day (3 weeks after exposure about 20-21 days after) I was tested for hiv 1-2 through a boood sample from my vein. They looked for antigens and p24. It came back negative. August 16th I got tested again for herpes 1-2 and other stds, everything came back clear. But I still am having the vaginal redness.. oh and I was diagnosed with ORAL THRUSH in August. I’ve never had it before but he said my friend had it too when he looked in her mouth and I looked in my other friends mouth and it looked a little white as well. So I’m terrified that my hiv results were wrong or not conclusive. Help please, I’m literally losing my mind. Anybody know if I had a high risk exposure? Or are the odds in my favor? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey, 

Clam down. 

Hiv p24 test is detecting antigen. The window time for this test is 28dads(4 weeks) 

U get a negative result in 3 weeks which is a very good sign. 

However, unprotect sex is considered as high risk. You should always use condom when u have sex with someone u don’t know. 

All in all, stop looking at the symptoms and I think you should be fine! 

I am outside and using phone toreplycuz I think u may very worried. But I would like to talk more with you later when I back home. So, Anything else if I can help, please just let me know. 

Best, 

Hugo

• Posted

I did know the guy! But I feel like he would just sleep with anyone—this is after we had sex I felt this way. I talked to him about how I was feeling and said he needed to get tested ASAP. He said that he would and even sent me a video of him getting the blood work the same day, and said that he was fine and that no other girl he had sex with was feeling the way I was.  Keep in mind, he’s in the military so if he did have HIV, he didn’t have it prior to joining. He had to have gotten it while he was already in because they don’t allow you in the Air Force when you have that.. He said he thinks it’s all in my head considering the fact that I was stressing about catching something from the first day that we did it.  But idk lol 
  • Posted

First of all relax. You don’t even know he has HIV though. You’re going off on something you don’t know ? I don’t understand. If you had a hiv you’d have a bigger sign den jst mouth problem you’d have mostly flu like symptoms and swollen lymph. You probably had oral trush but you do know yo could possibly have yeast infection or bv which both can cause bumps and redness/irritation.  Your anxiety also could be playing tricks with your mind as well. So I think you’re good. You got tested for it and it came back negative should be accurate. Calm down! But get tested for other stds as well not jst hiv or herpes could be so many other things thags not elven related to std but keep us updated 

• Posted

Also, the sore is still there 3 mo/ later with no signs of healing! But my dr said it just “let it go.” 🙄🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.