HIV scare

Posted , 4 users are following.

about to weeks ago I had protected anal sex with a guy we also had oral. But when I got home a notice I had a whitish looking sore around my lower gum. I don't know if it was there before or after the oral sex. I panicked and went to a clinic, the doctor said it looked it was just some sort of irritation from it being stabbed by something my real fear is that HIV could have gotten through the sore! even though he didn't ejaculate in my mouth. What do you think?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Protected anal sex is very very low risk. For the the sore on your gum, nothing to worry about. There has never been a case like that. Currently I'm also going through HIV anxiety/scare after my exposure 2 weeks ago. I'm having symptoms and it's freaking me out.

• Posted

ok thank you, really appreciate it it'll calm me for a while it's just want to eventually try a gay relationship I'm just scared cause most gays are not faithful and catching HIV is my worst fear.

• Posted

demond, i agree with faithful thing i always thought they are chill people but my bad. i have been going through a same thing which is scary i know but hey at least good to know you had a protected one! hope you stay well!

• Posted

Hey there,

if you used protection then you do not need to be worried at all as far as the condom was not broke.

The possibility of getting HIV by oral sex is very low, (about 0.04%, and it based on the insert person is HIV+ and also with ejaculation).

therefore, i do not see any point that you need to be worried.

move on please...

Best,

Hugo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.