Hiv tests are they trustworthy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Our bodies are only like 20/30% blood. everything else we are basically made up of lymphatic lymph nodes?

anyway seriously risky whole year of un protected sex with samte person. jump straight to the point...

last encounter was beginning of august like 4/5th day of the month

everything was susupicius to me so i went and got tested this was 2 weeks after.  anyway

test came back negative - thankfully.

but wasnt in the right time frame.

so  tested again in september/november/december/feburary all f which come back negative.

thats 6 months after my encounter i got my last test (negative)feb.

anyway recurrent oral thrush in mouth (male btw). 21 years old.

it wont go at any rate. tried everything,

and my digestive system isnt normal what so ever. 

rash on chin? this desnt make any sense to me all symptoms been going on now for a year tomorrow in august!? what is going on do i need to test again?

havent done anything since then!?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

it takes 3/6 months for antibodies to show up? but thats in the blood what about our lymphnodes why dont they get tested? should i get a biopsy on my swollen glands which havbe been persistent change size daily for a year now?
  • Posted

Yes, HIV tests are trustworthy, and if you've had that many negative results since your last exposure, then you don't have HIV.  Maybe you have something else, but it's not HIV.  You should probably see a doctor if you have oral thrush that wron't go away, but I can't see any point in testing for HIV again.

A human body is about 7% blood btw.  I don't know what percentage is lymph nodes, but it will be a lot less than for bone, muscle, organs, and fat.

• Posted

Ahh thank you for the correction! i was wondering what ammount it was! cheers.

I'm pretty sick of seeing doctors/dentists/ they keep brushing it all over the shoulder.

what does that look like to you in the picture? if you look at the back its like hairy? and this leads all the way down to my throat.

symptoms

Red chin rash wont go

Glands under neck change size daily wont go

diherrea changes daily soft,hard,watery 

oral complications?

21 years old male. 

i was in a rough state for around 6 months worrying i had hiv could i have broken my body down so low through stress? i have caused a disease/illness unbalance in my microbes?

i have pain in middle of my throat sometimes is this my thyroid?

also have pericorontis on an impacted wisdom tooth too. (not an issuse) 

any ideas?

thanks for replying!

• Posted

hi ml, 

does reiters disease makes swollen lymph nodes ?

• Posted

If you tested negative after 3 months, and had no exposure during that time then you don't have hiv.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.