Hives

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello!  I’m 47 and in peri menopause, I think.  I’ve recently started getting a rash all over different parts of my body which is itchy and hot.  Are hives a symptom of peri?  Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apparently yes! I get this all the time. My scalp, neck and body. First one to go is usually my lower neck and chest. No other reason for it and nothing helps. I found out on here that it was quite common! I’ve always got a stock of hydrocortisone, antihistamine and E45 or aqueous cream in the house which does help to calm it.
  • Posted

I get the hives! Usually on neck, face, chest and sometimes on top of nose!!! 
  • Posted

Allergen sensitivity can increase due to hormonal imbalances. I’m addition, our skin becomes more irritated due to its decrease in moisture. Things like hot showers, cold temperatures, and certain foods worsen symptoms 
    • Posted

What foods? Weirdly this thread comes up today and my neck and back are really itchy! I did shower last night so it could be that but it would be good to isolate foods too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.