hmmm why all of a sudden?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well as you may remember i had my stones out middle of december, after the easter hols i was back at work and working hard no problems.

Recently i have been experiencing mild twinges around my stomach area and achy back just like i used to get when the stone were about to play up, ive ignored it for a couple weeks now but im starting to wonder about it, im not in agony like before so i havent paid much attention. Thing is i dont really know what they did for my op as no one spoke to me after wards so now im starting to wonder if they left something there or if im just being a hypocondriact (sorry cant spell)

Is this just the 'ghost'gallstone thing ive been told about?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As far as I know its quite normal to have a few aches and twinges for months afterwards smile
  • Posted

lol oh goodie, oh well, i guess i just accepted that i was sorted as i had no problems until recently,

:D thanks

• Posted

you had surgery, the area will take time to recover, december was not that long ago!! if it becomes a problem go and see your dr, if you feel you were given no explanation to what happened in surgery it was proberbly fairly routine - but your gp will have had the details from the surgeon and will be able to discuss it further and put your mind at rest. take care!
  • Posted

i had op last year,was still getting pain like you,was found 2 have stones

in bileduct! Had ERCP in jan 2 get them out,been 2 see consultant 2 day for a check up but cos im still in pain got to go for another mri scan 2 see wots up..was also told by him that just cos you've had gallbladder out dosent mean u cant get stones.hope u get on ok.

• Posted

Thanks all, i think i shall get on for a while and see how things go :D
  • Posted

Spoke to the Dr this afternoon as I had the day off work, i couldnt sleep all night because i was uncomfortable, he said its probably gastroenteritis and to take galveston and see how it goes, and that i might have to cut certain things out of my diet (fun fun fun)
  • Posted

hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

You dont seem convinced it is gastroenteritis, what are you thinking / feeling like it is? smile Next time you go I bet the doc says youve got IBS :D
  • Posted

Don't know to be honest, it was a phone consultation (as it was the only thing they had at 8.30 this morning),

It just seems im not sick enough for it to be that really, no vomitting or diarrhea just discomfort, and it just reminds me of the mild aches and twitches i got before a stoney attack and its been going on for a few weeks now, but who knows, i shall have a go,

If they try to claim its IBS then there will be trouble!

• Posted

Ah I see, it was a telepathic consultation :lol: How are you for acid / nasty juice reflux? smile
  • Posted

ummm interesting question, not really sure what you mean by it, umm i have nasty tasting mouth syndrome if that helps any lol,

Yeah they have this interesting new system here where they like to phone you to tell you yes you may have an appointment to see me but it will be in 3 days time

• Posted

oh forgot to mention I also feel a little nausea after eating,
  • Posted

Oh sorry, look up gastro-oesophageal reflux but anyway you aint got any so thats good smile

Yeah tell me about it, its a telephone lottery in my area too, their phone goes engaged at exactly 8:30 :?

• Posted

GPs surgerys suck big time, normally its not an issue as i dont usually get sick rolleyes better not be times a changing as it were
  • Posted

at least your not in my possition. on the waiting list for further surgery - due to the fact i went into a small cottage unit for a lap choly and had to have a open conversion. i have developed a large incisional hernia at the op site. after much fussing and 6 months i have recentally got on the waiting list for this to be repaired. this time i saw a different member of the team who agreed that the origional suture failed as it was not gold standard and as the open conversion had happened in the site it did they had used the best resourses available to try and coble the muscle together- i just wanted an addmision that this had happened mot blaming that i had gone up a dress size since the op ( i was several dress sizes bigger b4 the fat free diet). i tried to tell this to previous registrar who just blamed my lifestyle... 2-3 months and more major abdo surgery.. gee thanks consaltant - sorry i ruined your reputation for no open conversions since you have been doing lap cholys!!!

any pain or probs pester you dr - it took loads of pestering to get a referal for hernia.

all the best - hope its nowt serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.