Holap abrasion

Posted , 10 users are following.

Struggling with BPH sense 1994,mostly low flow, Tried Urolift in office without anesthesia and couldn't complete so I went to Mayo Phoenix doctor Humphrey to do HOLEP. After ultrasound found prostate only 340cubic centimeters but plugged. Solid.

,to small for HOLEP. ,so changed my procedure to Holap, a little slower than Greenlight and holium more precise. Did Friday morning at 7.15am,got home by noon, put cath in till Monday.

Absolutely no pain, urine clear all weekend, couple Drops blood at penis head, he used big cath,

Went in at 9.30 to remove cath, used fill flush to get out, came out without pain, a little pink when removed but cleared up immediately, Went to Cracker barrel, had lunch, 1 1/2 hour drive to Camp Verde,

Have to step back 2 steps to pee absolutely no pain or burning , had more pain with Urolift recovery.

Flow is like in 20s again, they took tissue sample and no cancer.

Can't believe I didn't get this done years ago.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Paul  It's I say nothing.....  ENK

• Posted

Paul   I ment to say .   It's best I say Nothing  Ken

• Posted

Derek.was just upset when you have a choise to take a less evasive procedure  His prostate was small all he needed wasto  open the prostate.  His doctor should have know not to do the Urolift in the office way the prostate was sitting.  To me the doctor should have told him I have to put you out to do it.  I hate when men give up a finction if they don't have to.  The urolift would have worked the same.  I chairish and respect my prostate and I would not do anything to it to mess anything up.  You have a choise to do what you like but I just hopw he is happy with all the outcome of what he did......Ken 

• Posted

PS.  Many men would have died to have that choise But alot of men wait till it's  to late when there  prostate is to large ......Ken 

• Posted

It would depend where the prostate against his bladder. 
  • Posted

"..340cubic centimeters ...,to small for HOLEP ...."

340cc is huge. Do you mean 34cc ? Anyway, congratulations ! Hank

• Posted

You're right, check notes and it was 38cubic centimeters

• Posted

I was told, for prostate, cc and gram are exchangeable. Hank

• Posted

What were your symptoms before HolAp ? Just slow flow ? Hank

• Posted

Low flow, frequency, not emptying bladder, dripping, up 4 times a night

Started to get cramps is what got me in to address

• Posted

Paul .....I remember talking with you before and it has not been that long from the other procedure.  When you went to the clinic.  Being your prostate was not that big did they check your bladder to make sure that was not your problem before cutting it out?????????  Ken
    • Posted

Had several flow test and wasn't emptying. Scoped bladder twice and looked OK, seems to be working OK now.

Its so important to know what questions to ask.

I never though for a minute I wouldn't be given any medication for the urolif procedure, just goes to show when you assume things .

That's why you and this site is a good thing.

After that 25 minutes of torturous pain I decided to go to Mayo, or live with it

• Posted

Yes its' good to know.  If I was not put out there would have been no way he would have put that thing in me.  Well lets hope all works out for you  Ken

• Posted

I think so.

So far so good, went 6 hours last night and sounded like a horse this morning, do have a little itching,

• Posted

... like a horse ...

It's great, Paul. How i envy you !!! smile Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.