HoLEP procedure

Posted , 10 users are following.

This procedure looks like the best one available. The problem is that I cant find any doctor in Oregon that does it. Does anybody know of one? 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lew, may I ask have you had at least an ultra sound to know specifically what is causing your bph?in my case it was an enlarged median lobe pushing up against my bladder and also my urethra was being choked, I was told by 2 urologists turp would be the free medical option which would cut away an opening in the bladder neck valve and a large portion of the prostate meaning all the prostate urethra and more all this would result in definite retro ejaculation meaning sperm would go backwards into the bladder and come out when you pee, along with the risks of impotence and incontinence, however one urologist surgeon warned me I would definitely become incontinent as once the bladder neck is carved open the lower prostate valve is the only hope of preventing incontinence and if that fails its hello nappies, he insisted I would be incontinent after turp, so I paid for FLA which does not have any of those issues and contrary to what Jimmy said FLA can be successfully used on large prostates. I know it costs a lot but its wonderful not to have the permanent damages from turp regardless of what particular type of turp, it depends what is your specific bph blockage and be sure you are 100% clear on what it is they will be doing to you and get the most experienced surgeon with the best patient results as one mistake on their part can result in permanent damage for you. kind regards Brian.
  • Posted

Lumenis Main Office

Patient Information

2077 Gateway Place Suite 300

San Jose, CA 9511

408-764-3000

Fax 408-764-3999

OR  Lumenis at

1870 So. Milestone Dr.

Salt Lake City, Utah 84104

801-656-2429

Fax 801-656-2429

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.