HOLEP report

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had Holep surgery June 8. Prior to that I had an indwelling catheter for 8 months and was in retention. Life was better after switching from urethral catheter to SPC, but still very difficult with a catheter in my bladder.

Holep is NOT "minimally invasive". While it's nice that there's no cutting, your prostatic tissue is nuked and your body reacts. My surgery was 4 hours. First few days after surgery were very difficult, peeing lots of blood. Cath could not come out the day after surgery as planned, but was removed 3 days after surgery.

I would say Holep has been everything I hoped for. I can pee on my own and get a strong stream. No real issues with frequency/urgency/nocturia, although there have been occasional rough days and nights. Also no issues with leakage other than it's hard to stop the dripping after I pee. I stick a paper towel in my underwear and it's all good.

My surgery was four hours and I'm still exhausted. Recovery is slow and non-linear. But overall I am glad to have it in the rear-view mirror, very pleased with the results, and would recommend Holep to anyone with major BPH or retention.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Glad it all worked out for you. Take care and be safe...Ken

• Posted

Thanks for sharing. Please keep us updated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.