holiday

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 20 weeks post operation on 2nd tkr and going to Menorca Friday. I am wondering how my knee will be after being bent for.2 and a half hours on the plane.. It is not as good as the one I had last year. I am taking my stick just in case but feeling nervous.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Be sure and walk the aisle a couple of times every 45 min to hr. Hopefully you will get an aisle seat so you dont have to climb over people to get out. The cane is a good idea as it offers support and can be used to whack inconsiderate seatmates that won't let you out if you are stuck by the window. Enjoy the trip. From which airport are you departing? I've been given everything from a quick once over to nearly a strip search when it comes to the security procedure and the hardware. In Amsterdam it was merely a ding while in Denver it was so loud you could hear It from some distance. I process complete ignorance so need to ask what is the climate like this time of year at your destination.
    • Posted

I'm going from Manchester International Airport..The weather is about 75 at this time which is bearable.x
    • Posted

Sounds wonderful to me. We are coming off a week of high 90's F and brutal humidity to go with it. Fall is just around the corner......next Saturday morn 47°F for a low mid 60's high. Over the weekend huge barometer change and big thunderstorms. Leg pain was unbearable for 3 days. Enjoy your trip and stay.
  • Posted

I would also milk any sympathy you can from the ticket agent..maybe request a seat with more leg room like near the bulk head and also ask to board first..just say " i need a bit more time to get to my seat"...usually works well...and take the cane with you as OFG says..it can work dual purpose. Have a fabulous time...x
  • Posted

Hi Joan I have booked a holiday for next year and I rang them last week to pay some money when I was talking to them I mentioned I had just had a tkr and he said that if you tell them they will give you a seat with extra leg room and 5kg extra hand luggage for medicine this is with Thomas cook hope you enjoy your holiday

• Posted

Hi  i had my second knee replacement fifth May.  I am just back from Tenrife five day break.  I asked hubby to book me aisle seat both ways so I was comfortable  it is a four and a  half hour journey quite long but I didn't need to move about as I was fine,  I walked every where  two miles  one day with brief stops and I feel fine since home,  enjoy yourself  soak in the sunshine I did,  jackie 
  • Posted

I forgot to mention security at airport. I hate  them since I had hip done then knees, my husband and I go to separate queues as he gets cross.  I always bleep and I always mention replacement joints and they always just look at me blankly.  This time I said please do not press  my knee hard as still uncomfortable,  they obliged.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.