Holter and echo requested by doctor

Posted , 3 users are following.

So nervous.. I went to the doctor and they said they want an echo and a 24 hour holter monitor done.. I should be happy since this is it.. Time to find out if its just anxiety or something worse.. But I'm so nervous, what happens if it is something bad? I know a lot of people on here have had a holter monitor done.. How long until I get results? Also I look3d up hyperthyroidism after my doctor mentioned I didn't have that checked and ordered blood work.. I have literally EVERY symptom of it.. Every single one.. I'd like to know if someone has that too, I think mine might've developed after my son.. Also, I'm on buspar now.. How does it work for everyone?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey there I just got an echo done yesterday. It was strange but nothing to worry about. I hope yours turns out to be nothing! I too theorize I have hyperthyroidism but my doctor checked my thyroid levels with blood work and says it looks fine. I think I might need to do the monitor next because of my weird heart beats. Echo results are fast it just depends on how long it takes the doctor to call you. This is such a sucky thing to go through but you're doing the right thing by getting checked out. Hope all goes well for you

• Posted

Thank you.. just a bit annoyed because ive been complaining of chest pains for 9 months ever single i finally figured out it was anxiety and they always say my heart is fine.. I wish they wouldve done these tests alot sooner.. I just dont see how last month my heartrate was in the 70s and all of a sudden ive been in the 100-121 the past two weeks.. (It does go back to to the high 80s after i calm down) but its still annoying.. Then if i get anxious you can see it going up on the mmonitor.. Im hoping that means its directly related to anxiety. 
    • Posted

Since anxiety hit me, my heart rate is all over the place every day. My heart tested strong and healthy, so I just refuse to pay any attention to it. When I used to ballroom dance, my heart rate was over 100 with every set of dances. It indeed is a rather common symptom of anxiety, Sweetheart. We can give anxiety stuff sooo much attention, we can actually make a symptom worse.crybiggrin

• Posted

Its standard cardio care to get a holter monitor and you get the results rather quickly. The bloodwork for your thyroid was smart. Good luck
  • Posted

I had every symptom of hyperthyroid...nasty.  The doctor said after looking at test results that I had hypothyroid. My thyroid was low enough that the pituitary gland gave my thyroid a signal to produce more. It did and didn't stop....so my body was acting as if I had hyper. He put me on a med to increase my thyroid so my pituitary gland would stop telling my thyroid more, more, more. I should be back to normal in two more weeks. The time to work fully was three weeks...after five days all the bad symptoms began to recede. I hope I was clear on this.

• Posted

Oh wow, and are you still finding you have bad anxiety or has it also calmed? I was reading that the actual thyroid doesnt cause anxiety, but the symptoms of it are known to cause anxiety.. Did you have chest pains and everything and symptoms? If so are they calmer now? I will honestly be shocked if i dont have it.. I even read that miscarriages are more common in women with hyperthyroidism, which i just had 2 weeks ago.. This will be an enormous coincidence if if i dont have it.
    • Posted

I got hit with the anxiety about four months ago. The hyper symptoms started about six weeks ago. Remember what I just wrote....the hypo thyroid caused the hyper symptoms. Those will be all gone in about another two weeks on this hypo medication.

So, thyroid had nothing to do with anxiety....I know exactly why that came on and when.

When your thyroid is medicated back to normal you will feel a lot better. By the way the med has absolutely zero side effects.

My sister has a thyroid problem also...she went half crazy with the symptoms, got on the med, and for the last ten years is just fine. She will be on the med for her lifetime. I don't know yet if I will, but if it clears these nasty symptoms (which it is starting to do) I don't care how long I have to take the pill each morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.