Home dialysis

Posted , 4 users are following.

How difficult is home dialysis, shall I fo it at home or go to hodpital?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have found it very easy much better than going upto the hospital

I am on PD 4 x a day but early days as yet

good luck whatever you decide

• Posted

Hi,

I did APD at home for nearly two years as its done at night while you sleep it doesn't take up time in your day so you still have a life.  It is easy to do and once you get used to it its like brushing your teeth, you do set it up without thinking at all.

• Posted

Hi Helen

I had considered overnight but I live alone and have two giant dog's one is 12 and needs to be let out during the night So my PD Nurse advised me to stay on days also I am profoundly deaf and wouldn't like to be hooked up in the night but thank you xxx

• Posted

I agree with Helen. Easy, once the habit is formed and once you accept that this will not only keep you well, but save your life. Now you have caring experts who will keep an eye on your health for the rest of your life.

I chose night time dialysis so I don't have to think about it once it is all set up - which I do immediately I've cleared away from the night before

Wishing you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.