Home from hospital, cystectomy and ova

Posted , 4 users are following.

Thought I'd update everyone here. 

Had my surgery Thursday. Got home Friday evening.  

I had my left ovary and simple fluid filled 5cm by 5cm cyst removed. Via keyhole. Three incisions, belly button,,lower left abdomen and a 3" incision at my bikini line. The surgeon got the cyst and ovary out in one piece 

She said my cyst had adhered to my bowels and no wonder I had so much pain! 

My first time in a hospital.  I had fantastic care at Elgin hospital, the nurses were wonderful, I can't say enough about them. 

I did have a rough time coming out of the anesthesia and a rough night the first night with sickness, but I woke up,the day after feeling relatively human! I showered on my own, peed on my own and ate and drank. So that's what got me home the very next day. Of course, there's pain and discomfort and I can't stand upright just yet. Taking lots of rest. 

My anxiety was legitimate, but the situation itself wasn't as bad. Thought I'd update all here. And say thanks for your support of me leading up to my surgery. 

Xx 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are so brave! You must be so relieved it is all over with. I am trying to decide if I should have the surgery...yikes, I am so scared of it. But thank you for posting your positive experience.
    • Posted

Lily girl,

Honey have it!! I'm so incredibly glad I did. Y'all have no idea how absolutely terrified I was. I even cried when I was wheeled to anesthesia.  I was aware immediately that my cyst was gone. And even though I'm un comfy now, each day it has gotten better and better. I'm managing with cocodemol at night only. This discomfort and tiredness is so different to what I was dealing with prior. This is going away, the cyst wasn't. I can't explain it, but I'm just acutely aware I'm not unwell anymore!! Yeah, my tummy is sore, but I'm still wandering around the house, showered myself, eating like a champ and having a laugh with my hubby and friends. Totally worth it.  Ask me anything and if I can help, I will. Xx deb 

• Posted

Hiya lovely to read your post!!

I know that feeling glad it's all over 

All is well now 

God bless you....

😊🌺

• Posted

I am schedualed for Dec 12th. I am terrified sad

I really don't want to be vomiting after the operation. Is that what happened to you? Is that why they kept you there over night?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.