Homesick??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well let me start off by saying the people who commented on my old post complaining that I post too much, if you don't want to read it Then skip my name.. Please do not comment on this one.

Anyways, I've been doing pretty good lately, upped my meds and started seeing a psychiatrist. I've been able to now talk myself out of a panic attack. My doctor said my last visit that this is the best my heartrate has been since March..

My fiance and I are spending some quality alone time out of town. My anxiety was high yesterday, but I worked through it and of course it went away. Today I was laying there and got one of those annoying chest pains that feels like it was over my heart.. All of a sudden my mind just went 0 to a 100 and I didn't have a chance to try to get out of it. Gas probably, but ive now been panicking for 8 hours.. 8... Needless to say I've ruined our getaway.

Its been a few weeks since having a bad attack so now I'm stuck between "you know this isn't real, just shut up and relax" and "I want to go to the hospital because otherwise I won't make it through the night".

Does anyone else get extremely anxious without even realizing it when they're away from home? I just seriously want my mom and kids, and I won't see them for another 18 hours.. I'm not sure how I'll sleep tonight because I just can't shake this horrible feeling.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey friend. Firstly, don't ever worry about posting too often or too much. I log into this site usually 5 times a day for the last 2 months or so. It's been a great healing and educational tool for me. And my feeling is that you should feel free to post whenever you need to. We're all here for support and help. 

As to your question, yes - for many people (and I think AD sufferers especially) home is a "safe space". I live about 20 hours away from my family and loved ones, and about a month ago I took a 10-day holiday just to see them and feel at home again. Home is my safe space. When my anxiety is bad, I get sentimental and think about being home. And so what you're feeling isn't uncommon. 

But here's the thing. You know in your head that your heart is perfectly fine. What you're nervous about isn't the possibility of having heart issues, but rather the possibility of panic. This is that whole "fear of a fear" thing that haunts anxiety/OCD/etc sufferers. You're afraid of feeling sick and that fear has caused you to BE sick. Does that make sense? Try your best to fight through the next day or so. You'll be back home again soon. In the meantime, take it easy, don't do too much, rest up, and try to have a little fun if you can. 

Feel better. Much love Xxx

• Posted

Thank you . well last night I had probably the worst panic attack I've ever had. Tight chest, heartburn, not breathing right, nausea, and full body trembles. Finally calmed down and went to bed around midnight, only to be woken up at 4am with full body trembles again and a sore chest today still. Took an emergency Xanax and was able to fall back asleep for a few hours. Now my chest is still achey, I'm trying to tell myself I'm ok. I had an ekg, echo and holter back in early September and all was good, my biggest fear now is that something developed and I'm in the middle of a day long heart attack.. Not very realistic, but realistic to me. Thank you for being there for me to vent to, you Just replying honestly made me feel a bit better.

• Posted

Look this site is for help and advice so don't you worry about posting on this site a lot of people won't even post so we are all in the same boat and we are all here for the same thing

• Posted

Hi..whoever commented, that you post too much.shouldn't be on this site..Post as much as you want, thats what we'r all here for..

My advice to you would be to try to think logically ,you know your hearts good. talk to yourself, and tell yourself its an anxiety attack, breath deeply and slowly, when  you breath out, imagine all anxiety leaving your body.

after five minutes you should feel calmer.This has happened to me several times,and it is horrible, but you can do this, Dont let it spoil your time away..anxiety cannot harm you, xxxx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.