Homesick panic attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am going away tomorrow early hours and I have major homesickness.. I keep having mini panic attacks but also I have moments of clarity where I know I’m going to be okay then it comes back to the point where I am worrying. Can someone give me advice as I got diagnosed with severe anxiety 4-5 months ago..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah

I would write down all the things that you are worrying about then next to each one Rate them on a scale 1 to 10 of them actually happening 

And then if they did happen how would it really effect you 

Most of the time the problem is the thought of Leaving your home once your done it the aniexty levels reduce 

It’s about training your mind to know the answers to the thoughts righting them down reading them out helps 

Be strong x it will be ok 

• Posted

i get like this when im outbof my comfort zone but u will be fine think of other times u have been away and returned safely, anxiety isnt a nice thing i know that and if u feel u do get too worked up u can take an extra propanalol im on them too and i take 1 in the morning and if i feel anxious later in the day i take another or half of one hope this helps
  • Posted

Are you going to camp, or on a youth trip? As a father, I feel for you. I was very close to my mother. When I first suffered panic attacks at the age of 17, I didn't want to leave home. You will be ok, you are just out of your comfort zone. This is very common with people who are sensitive. With today's technology, you can contact someone instantly. It is all part of growing up. I had major panic attacks going to school. I had to gradually desensitize myself to being away from home. The funny thing is, before I suffered panic attacks, I traveled Europe several months before by train. I knew that I was bothered by things, but wasn't aware how much until I started suffering panic. Panic is a trigger to things that are bothering you. But, you can "think" your way through this. It's okay to feel, feelings won't hurt you. I don't know where you are going, but try and make friends or a friend and have fun. Dad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.