Hoppy Easter Everyone

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. Day 34 since I quit taking Cit. Still feeling crappy though. Thought I was over the top last week as I felt really good for 2days. But took a step back but hopefully will start feeling better soon. Enjoy your day everyone

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hang in there john
    • Posted

Hi Rangers. Thanks. I havent been feeling too bad the last fews days. Surenis one heck of a roller coaster ride though. Still have a few side effects--headaches, dry mouth and a few others but hopefully they wont last too much longer. Hope your feeling better and enjoy your day.
    • Posted

getting some good days now still waiting on test results coming back from doctors easter holidays have held everything up x

• Posted

Well hang in there ole boy. Good days ahead for us all!!!! I hope. Lol
  • Posted

Hi John

When you take meds it hangs onto your serotonin longer, making you feel happier and calmer ...... so when you're off meds your serotonin returns to normal which can make you feel flatter, plus your body needs to readjust.  Good job you came off meds slow too or you could be feeling so much worse.

Having a good few days sounds like things are settling.  Did you ever consider 5-HTP .... can't remember what you said now.  I take it now I'm off meds and find it brilliant.  Keeps me sane eek

Hope you both had a good Easter.

K x

• Posted

Good morning Miss Kate. Yes I do feel flat unless I just funished exercising. I have beenniff Cit for 45 weeks now and things are getting a little better. But I still get the headaches, sore stomach and dry mouth when I sleep. Horrible to feel this way. And I get spaced out too. Probably a few more things but cant thinknof them right now. Lol. I spoke to my Dr about 5-htp and she said not to so Since she is new to me I will take her advice---for now. Just hate this way of feeling but i have to keep on this track. What a horrible medication. For me anyhow. Its great for thenppl that it helped. Sure wished the Drs were better informed!!!!!!! Enjoy your day b
    • Posted

Wow. Should of read this thoroughly before sending it out. Hahahahaha. I've been of Cit for 5 weeks, not 45. I sure hope I dont feel like this after 45 weeks!!!!!!!

• Posted

Hi John

Behind with my mail ..... 

I send / post things before checking and then think 'what the hell'?? rolleyes

You must be very sensitive to the meds and probably why you're still not feeling right - your body must be adjusting still.  Good job you came off that slow too or you'd have felt every worse.

Wonder why your doctor said no to 5-HTP.  Again I wonder if she's familiar with it / read up on it.

Strange how everyone reacts differently to these meds - some have hardly any problems and yet others have bad reactions.  I have read you can take a test to determine which SSRI would suit you (but this may only be in the US)??

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.