Hormone hell

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hey ladies,

I’m having such a horrible hormone hell.  I feel like an insane person. Like I’m literally going crazy. Most days it’s insomnia and severe anxiety. The. The next day ( like today) it’s horrible depression and just feeling hopeless. Also such bad headaches. 

I have no one who gets it and it’s just such a lonely suffering. I’m intolerant to anti depressants and anti anxiety mess so I have to just push through. 

But it’s so hard. I hate having almost everyday be a struggle. I just want to feel good and normal again. 

Sorry for the rant, but I’m really having a hard time with this all. 

Thanks for listening. 

5 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Awww I’m feeling the same..my symptoms are all over the place, after having a relatively peaceful couple of months where I felt good, I’m now feeling absolutely awful..stomach issues, weird rib cage/chest pressure, hot and cold flashes, sudden horrible fatigue..just been trying to walk, stay hydrated, not let myself get too hungry or thirsty ...So glad we are not alone and have found this group/site..hang in there and know someone is always here listening...that makes it bearable, as no one I talk to can really relate 😒

• Posted

Yes the only people we can talk to cost $$$ I’ve spent thousands now visiting different drs and different medications ... so sick of it !

Giving it one last try with a new hormone dr Thursday ... here’s hoping . Can’t go on like this ! 

• Posted

Hi Lori

Im hoping your day is good today too? Hoping you are getting some result..even if it a little bit. if anything works well pleazzze let me know!

Yes big bucks on this. I looked in my pantry and really couldnt believe just how many different things ive tried and failed at.

There are a few good ones, but its so trial and error, and specific to your body..

xoxo

• Posted

HI I have started the pump gell, day 4 , 1 pump aday starting low, I am 58 been suffering for years, new thing that has been happening the last 5 months is full bladder all the time, and feeling bloated, been on different antis, prozac, escitalopram, mitazapine which doe,s help sleep, now trying to cop without any, just the gell, may try some cbd oil as I have looking it up,

• Posted

Hi susan

Im thinking of going back on the mirtazapine i was on them a couple of years ago for a year.

I have some again from the doctor anxiety is just awful right now. Do you think its helped with anxiety? X

• Posted

Hi Maui

I’m seeing a new natural doctor tomorrow ... she said the patch doesn’t work as effectively as creams . I’m just ‘getting through ‘ each day barely ... so ANOTHER appt 🙄 more bucks $$$$ 

I wake up so depressed and in bed by 8pm every night . I know we need our sleep during this time but it’s getting ridiculous .. I’m always in bed ! 

• Posted

this whole thing is such a pain Lori I truly understand your struggles because I am always trying to figure it out myself but never finding a solution I have this HRT patches and creams and I don't do any of it because it doesn't work but maybe I'm not getting the right dosage or something.

This whole thing is a huge struggle and that's an underestimation.

here we're getting ready for a hurricane and that kind of adds to the anxiety that I already feel I can't handle.

Let me know how you go with your new naturopath and I will fill you in on anything happening to me that's helpful for you ladies hang in there

Xoxo

• Posted

Hi Maui 

Gosh a hurricane ! I’ve not seen anything on tv must check the news. Hope you’re prepared that’s all you need right now 🙄.

I may just fly out there and it can blow me away 😩

Yes THEY all say it’s about dosage ... but unless our bodies can speak to us and TELL US what it needs to feel better we’re ‘p*ssing in the wind’ so to speak and spending many $$$$ trying to do so.

Trying one more lady tomorrow and if it doesn’t help I’m just going to lock doors close curtains  and go through this naturally . 

Another friend said hers stopped at 45 and ‘oh yes ‘ she said ‘ she got some hot flashes’ 😡 and that it’s ‘just a phase’ . A phase ???? Its ruining our lives !!!! 

• Posted

Hi Lori

Yes its weird how a hurricane doesnt really stress me.

It the fact that i dont have the physiological coping strategies that i used to (menopause) and thats what has me worried.

A 'phase' is one way to put it i guess, but its more ruining of the lives i think..wink thats just me being negative.

I would like many people to feel what we feel for a good spell, to TRULY understand how devastating actually it can be mentally as well as physically.

I am going to try and not be a martyr which i feel ive kind of become. I want to be positive, but verrrry hard right now. if i asked for this then 'ok' i get it. But i didnt do anything so bad in my life as to earn this.

So i will

learn from this and look at it as a test.

im reallllly hoping this lady can get things right for you. You im sure will give her all the ins and outs of your trials and errors. Maybe she can shed light and you can then shine it down on us when you know more.

keep us posted. I want a fix. ! I will keep you posted on the hurricane also if im able to..?..yikes.

xoxox

• Posted

Yes Maui it’s like a hurricane earthquake tsunami is peanuts compared to what we’re going  Through  ! But I totally get you . Just making a phone call takes me hours or days of ‘thinking about it’ .

Yes I’ll go tomorrow armed with blood tests and the bloody goody bag of patches creams.. everything I’ve tried that hasn’t worked ! 

Yes I try to put the smile on and be happy in front of friends but it’s so tough. 

• Posted

Hi Missy,

I understand your situation completely. It is by far the hardest road that I have ever had to walk down.

Reading women's stories on this site has helped so much, as I have often felt that I was going insane.

It is the upredictability of the symptoms that is especially hard, so is finding the strength to bear it every day.

Just know that so many women are going through the same situation. It helps to know that we are not alone.

Message me any time.

Big hugs and warm thoughts,

Bev

• Posted

Thanks Bev! You’re a sweetheart. Big hug to you. And you can always message me too. 
    • Posted

Bev - your post puts into words everything that I am feeling today. What is baffling to me is how a different and NEW symptom can show up - then go away for 10 days or so - then it comes up again.

I'm trying to see if there is a pattern to all of the NEW stuff - thinking maybe at some point it won't concern me so much? It's like you said - the unpredictability of every single day. I wake up and by mid-day I ask myself - what are the obvious symptoms today?

When I get invited or asked to do things now; most of the time my response is "I am not able to let you know until the day of." It's so hard - but it's the truth. I'm fragile and getting used to the all of the vasomotor symptoms I have with hot flashes, too; sometimes the flashes come with anxiety, tingling, scary rushes that I can feel through my neck and chest (they say the flash is the blood vessels dilating - and I can feel it! I hope that I get used to what it is and not be afraid of it). Sometimes I will have all of those symptoms and won't sweat. I'm just getting used to this - and even these aren't predictable yet. I can go a week without them etc. 

So thankful for this group!

• Posted

Hi Finny,

Absolutely! I haven't planned anything for the past year. I can only commit the day of, otherwise the pressure of knowing that an event is coming up and I have no idea how my state of mind is going to be is just more pressure than I can handle.

I have days when I feel well, and I relish those times, but even then, I often feel fragile, as I never know when my mood is going to shift, or when I am going to start having high anxiety.

I just keep walking forward because there is nothing else to do, but it is a tough road to walk.

I really want to have my old self back again. I see her emerging, but then I disappear under the water again, waiting to resurface.

Warm thoughts,

Bev

• Posted

I do exactly the same Bev one day at a time ... no real plans everything has to be on the premise of ‘how I’m feeling ‘ it sucks !

I never really like planning anyway but this is just out of control ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.