Horrible Anxiety!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Yesterday was the worst! I woke up with this pain in my left arm like someone punched me only it felt worse than a punch. That of course sent me into panic mode. I had to accompany my son's class on a field trip to the movies. I was anxious the whole time and couldn't enjoy myself at all. My reflux flared up which is what triggered the arm pain. It was awful! I felt so out of it the rest of the day. I was tempted to go to the ER but knew it was just a horrible case of anxiety. By bedtime I felt more like myself. But I can't wait for menopause to be over!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Awww, I'm sorry that happened to you. Anxiety is awful. I deal with it every time I get an ache or a pain. That was never me. The old me wouldn't have payed attention to half the mess that I do now. I'm glad it got a little better for you towards the evening. That is what usually happens to me too. I'm anxious all day and towards the evening, things start to lift. Hope you are better . ((Hugs))
    • Posted

Yeah I was the same way. I didn't respond to every ache or pain before. You know what I think? I think peri makes us more sensitive to the changes in our bodies. I think our nerves are just more awake during this process.
  • Posted

HI Shar I use to feel this way too until I started taking St. John's wort. It really works to calm the nerves and get out of panic attack mode. Maybe if you can find it, give it a try. It flies off the shelves here in the States since many women swear by it, which I can see why it does really work.
  • Posted

Hi.  Same here.  I had an episode about 1 month ago where I had come of some medicine for migraines, and i developed all the symptoms of a heart attack.   They said my heart seemed fine.  But I have developed chest pains and pulsatile tinnutis ... of course I am also super anxious there actually is somethingwrong with my heart - I also am aware that my hormones can give me phamtom chest pain and breast tenderness and pain... so I don't knowwhat to think.  I had a friend who had PT thru menopause and it just stopped one day. I t can be commencted to heart issues.  All in all, I am feeling anxious most days and just trying to ignore it, and pray to not go nuts in the meantime. smile The thing is its so hard to tell what is menopause and what is not.  Hope you are better smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.