Horrible anxiety and insomnia

Posted , 3 users are following.

so ive always had anxiety. i honestly think it started as a child. i was sick alot as a child and my mom kinda drilled this "if youre sick you might die " into my head. My anxiety didnt get very bad until last year. I had a very stressful year and i moved. The insomnia started when i got a job as a crossing guard. I would not sleep ar night and only napped during the day. eventually the insomnia got better when i quit the job. After that it was 2020. And i just got depressed. couldnt find work couldnt do anything. struggled to get insurance too. And now here i am. about two weeks ago i started getting horrible insomnia. I didnt sleep dor about 5 days. Nearly went to the ER. i ended up seeing an old doctor of mine. He prescribed me some sleeping meds. they worked but made me hallucinate. So i went back and he prescribed me Doxepine 25mg. Ive only taken it once. while it didnt help much sleeping wise... it did help the anxiety a bit. And now my insomnia is so bad. If i sleep its maybe only 2-3 hours. I wake up to everything, i tremble and freak out all the time. Im currently trying to get Medi Cal so i can get a sleep study done. I canr sleep with out meds. I honestly feel like im going to lose it. Idont know what to do anymore.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

sorry you are going through this. I’m sure it’s scary for you. Have you ever considered speaking with a therapist? they can help you manage your life situation, anxiety, and may be able to provide resources so you can get your life going again and feel better.

see if you can get the sleep study. and the best doctor for finding the right medication is a psychiatrist. they know the meds very well. you can try things to help you relax at night for sleep like a warm bath, then listen to calming meditations on you tube, breathing meditations, etc. getting exercise during the day helps too. Theres always hope so hang in there. you need support now, so please consider speaking to a counselor. communities often have low cost or free counseling! ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.