Horrible day

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today I woke up panicky..sore stomach amd weepy. 5 weeks in Cit and having a bad run yesterday my newly adopted dog ( whom I adoptrd to help me with my anxiety and loniness) had to be taken to the vet as she has an infection in her spayed site. I guess 3 hours at the animal hospital has sent me spiraling backwards. Cant stop crying! Please tell me this is "normal" part of healing!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Robin

Sorry to hear your having a bad time. I am in the same boat five weeks in and still fed up with some of these symptoms. When you get your meds do you check if they are from the same manufacturer? My brand of citalopram was changed two days ago and I have a whole range of symptoms today. I have contacted my pharmacy and they have agreed to give me my normal brand. It really does make a difference!

Let's look ahead to six weeks in we may improve greatly!

Sending positive thoughts your way

L x

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, I am still on the first bottle of meds so I don't think its that. I do wonder if it was yesterdays stress with the dog. Also thinking may be perimenopause may be a factor for me. I took a Lorazepam a bit ago and hoping that helps! Hope for better days for us both!!! Xx
  • Posted

Hi Robin

Going through recovery on Cit really can be tough, and sounds like you're right in the middle of it all.  Yes this certainly is normal.  Recovery seems to go on forever, because when you're in the midst of it all it's very hard to see light at the end of the tunnel, but once you start feeling good you'll look back and see it wasn't that long at all really.

Small things can affect you at times like this - like your dog.  It's tiring, upsetting, and in your 'vulnerable' state at the moment you'll feel emotions more intensely than you would normally.  You're healing at the moment - just let the emotions be there, let yourself cry if you need to and remind yourself you are healing ...... like your little dog when she heals from her operation.  She's very lucky to have found you, and you'll be able to heal together xx

When you start feeling good you might get days or weeks like this - low, weepy, anxious - but treat them as a setback.  You'll get many setbacks along the recovery road, but each time they get less intense and last less time.

Recovery is 3 steps forward, 2 steps back all the time.

Take some time out for yourself today ... relax, have some sofa time and snuggle up with your dog and maybe enjoy a movie together :-)

Keep persevering ... you'll get through it all.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.