Horrible panicle attack after taking first med

Posted , 5 users are following.

Took my first med today and about an hour after I was sick everywhere! Then a while after my stomach was still icky and I got dreadful lightheadedness my pupils are HUGE and I've horrible pressure in my face and head I feel weak from head to toe I keep clenching my jaw I just feel like I'm about to die! Someone help

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I have just taken my 2nd tablet and I feel sick and dizzy and that I feel like I'm dying. I think this medication had aweful side effects but lot people say it does work. So it is hard. How much do you take? Maybe less the dosage. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I always panic to girls when starting a new medication. I take it then instantly wish I hadn't and so the panic begins and I have to talk myself down.

The majority of people have side effects when starting something new so it's worth getting a little mantra going "it's just the meds getting into my system,I will be fine once they settle,give it time"!! 

Everything you have described is nerves and panic related. Lots of us have been there,some of us are still there! Nobody enjoys taking tablets but anything related to mental health is so much more frightening. 

Go in YouTube..find a decent guided meditation for anxiety and relaxation,,lay back and just let your mind rest a while...I'm sure you will find it beneficial as many of us do xxx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up