horrible reflux systems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over a few years this started with acid indegestion.i supress that with nexium tablet everyday.i suffer then from constant burping after eating and get weird chest pains.sometimes its a shortness of breath along with anxiety attacks Brough on by this.sometimes it feels like heart attack but I've tea these symptoms accompany this.pains in top left and left sisd along with shoulders..the latest attack came after a can of fizzy drink....they come and go but it scares me to death..does anyone suffer like this.and more has anyone been cured of these symptoms.thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes this happened to me yesterday. The day before I had a lot of no-no foods and beverages. I absolutely love Italian food! I had spaghetti and with it I had soda. I have been drinking a lot of soda throughout the week knowing that these items can trigger reflux but sometimes I crave certain foods and indulge. I suffer with reflux occasionally during my cycle but yesterday was horrendous! I thought just like you said that I may have been having heart problems and then my anxiety kicked in and really made things worse. I tried breathing techniques to calm myself down and by the evening I was better. I I know now to stay away from those items. I'm glad you posted this because it lets me know that I'm not alone.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.. It's totally mad.i hope you find a solution. I don't seem to have many issues at night so generally have decent nights sleep but still get fatigued with these symptoms during the day... Starting to cut down on eating and losing a few pounds so a silver lining on this cloud.btw don't know if it works for everyone but I take Kalms sometimes and they help a bit with the anxiety.
  • Posted

I've taken Nexium or the generic version for about 12 years after earlier PPI's did not help. I get similar things to you but without the shortness of breath. You soon know its not cardiac related and have to put up with it knowing its not goung to kill you. Unlike you a fizzy drink 7Up helps. Bisodol tablets do as well when it strikes suddenly outside or in the night. 
    • Posted

nice one Derek. Yeah. I convince myself all the time that it's not a cardiac issue.even did the running machine at the hospital a couple of years ago...still there is always a little doubt and that brings on the anxiety attacks... It does my head in sometimes as I'm pretty get up and go....I hope you find a cure to this nasty business we find ourselves in mate.
    • Posted

When three times I've done a stress ECG and/or  Echocardiogram it gave a false positive and they then did angiograms that were clear.

There is no cure for us.  Google  'Functional Indigestion - Koehler' for an interesting article where much applies to us.

• Posted

yes  i have had this problem for 4 years i try to stick to plain food,and very little cakes biscuits and chocolate,and it helps.... but i get tempted sometimes to eat chocolate , and thats the worst thing for acid reflux,i have been on several medications, but nothing seems to work,tight chest, pain under right rib and back breathlessnes , and anxiety,i am now on tablets for anxiety.i dont have any problem with curries, in fact it seems to help.i have lost 2 stone in weight.if i could afford it...i would go private and have the Lynx surgery..  because acid reflux takes over life ..its horrendous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.