Horrible thoughts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sorry if this sounds silly to some of you please bare with me.

i have suffered anxiety (mainly ocd) since i was about 16 im 20 now.

the themes have varied intiallly it was due to a freind commiting suicide and it was all i could think about for a long time and caused great distress. i was then obsessed with the worry i was transgendered. 

recently i have come undergreat stress again as my uncle has recently died and all of my intrusive thoughts have come back but im worried that these are really depression as they do feel very real and dark. 

i keep getting horrible thoughts like im so worried i want to die and keep asking myself whats the point of life and these thoughts get me so down. i really cannot work out if these thoughts are genuine or my anxiety/ocd play up. whats worrying me is theres nothing telling me i dont want to die if you understand what i mean?

i do feel very low and depressed in some ways i suppose aswell 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Im sorry that you are feeling like this,try to find something that makes you happy to get distracted from this thoughts
  • Posted

My good friend died last year and I haven't been the same since.

I regret not getting help right away.

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

Thoughts about death can be very overpowering and you also have some serious issues that I think need a counselor to sort out.  I hope you feel better soon. We all have to die just make the most of living and you will be fine.

rich

• Posted

Hi I'm sorry you feel so bad just now. Never ever be afraid to ask for help. Visit your Dr and tell them, ask about therapy so you can talk about how you feel, I found this helped me. I hope you feel better real soon. Stay strong. cheesygrin
  • Posted

I get those same thoughts, and have had a couple of friends commit suicide within the past 3 year's. I didn't connect that to how I'm feeling right now, though. Honestly. I feel like mine's more of worrying... I get anxious, all the time, and have Harm OCD, so I feel like I'm going to eventually, go crazy or something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.