Horrible thoughts

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been suffering from extreme anxiety lately and I am on sertraline for 5 weeks. I keep getting horrible thoughts in my head and it scares me, it's like my mind has been possessed! My thoughts are so loud too I have trouble concentrating! Feels like I've got a demon telling me to do stuff which I would never do ! I'm in going into schziphonia? I'm 36 my mam had schziphonia and my brother has it....I'm so scared of my own mind and it's making me panic!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

sounds like the very best thing for you is company, whether it be at the gym, with friends having dinner, or amongst strangers at a spinning class. Always remember if your mind has nobody to focus on then it will focus heavily on you and you ONLY!

• Posted

Hi Pamela, Please go see your doctor. Only your doctor can let you know what is going on. (((Hugs)))
  • Posted

Hi Pamela,

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I have a brother who was diagnosed for  schziphonia. He went through a horrible time, but found a treatment that worked for him. I would suggest you tell your doctor what’s going on and don’t be shy about telling him/her how you feel, especially about those thoughts. There are many treatment options now, so you need not suffer like this. You have the support of this forum and I am so glad you are reaching out for help. Keep us informed about how you are doing.

Best wishes for you Pamela!

• Posted

Thanks for your replies I'm on sertraline I've only been on it 5 weeks, but my anxiety is bad and think it's the anxiety creating these thoughts! Important seeing a lot in a week for the 1st time cos my anxiety is unbearable x

• Posted

Yes, that could be what’s causing it, but you still need to let your doctor know, because he/she would understand this better. It could be, that the doctor could put you on a different medication. It took four different antidepressant to find out what works for me. Like I said, don’t be shy about talking to your doctor, because that’s what they are there for. 

• Posted

Hi. How do you know when your anti depressant isn't working? Or isn't the right one for you? 

• Posted

It depends on many things, but in general if you are taking an antidepressant for anxiety and it's not helping with your symptoms within six weeks, you should let your doctor know..... You really need to work with your doctor on whatever ailment you have....

• Posted

I had been at the same situation.

I was also scared of my thoughts, mind. I even had thought about suicide. However my friends presented me Master Kit which taught me to control my subconscious mind. I'm getting better.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Well I think if you are aware that this are terrible thoughts then you are just dealing with severe anxiety and the meds could be making it worse. 

Talk to your GP about it. But just remember that anxiety can do a lot of scary things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.